BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give us your thoughts on these pistons

+14
342g
Barney
Lem Evans
BOSS 429
KY JELLY
DanH
LivermoreDave
cool40
71f150
c.evans
dfree383
rmcomprandy
richter69
bbf-falcon
18 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Give us your thoughts on these pistons - Page 3 Empty Re: Give us your thoughts on these pistons

Post  rmcomprandy February 14th 2012, 5:17 pm

KY JELLY wrote:32 pipe racks , most primarily on gas so they can use the spray to make the day lol! got any notes on whether they ran within 5 hundredths on 2 back to back passes Shocked

Are you kiddin' ... at every national NHRA race there are usually 128 qualified Super Stock "Door Slammers" and most of them go within .05, back to back to back to back; 100% on gasoline.
After qualifying where they go as fast as they can ... the race is just a "Bracket Race".
The Mopar Hemi-Shootouts are big money and they are all on 100% gasoline.

I understand your point but, using "bracket racing" or "sportsman racing" as examples are not a good argument, lol.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Give us your thoughts on these pistons - Page 3 Empty Re: Give us your thoughts on these pistons

Post  342g February 14th 2012, 5:48 pm

See what you caused Rick, always stirring the pot, shame on you. Very Happy Laughing Cool
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 14th 2012, 5:54 pm

for once I wasnt the cause of it either lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 14th 2012, 6:52 pm

342g wrote:See what you caused Rick, always stirring the pot, shame on you. Very Happy Laughing Cool

Geez Harold ... everyone finished pickin' apart that piston problem so, this thread morphed into this, somewhere along the line, lol.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 14th 2012, 7:56 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
KY JELLY wrote:32 pipe racks , most primarily on gas so they can use the spray to make the day lol! got any notes on whether they ran within 5 hundredths on 2 back to back passes Shocked

Are you kiddin' ... at every national NHRA race there are usually 128 qualified Super Stock "Door Slammers" and most of them go within .05, back to back to back to back; 100% on gasoline.
After qualifying where they go as fast as they can ... the race is just a "Bracket Race".

I understand your point but, using "bracket racing" or "sportsman racing" as examples are not a good argument, lol.

If you understood my point you would not have took a point out of context with your gas biased opinion. I have not said one thing bad about gas you guys can't accept the fact it is not the most popular fuel among bracket racers. sorry methanol is lol!
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 14th 2012, 8:04 pm

I accept it, but that's when I head to the snack shack. Very Happy
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 14th 2012, 8:16 pm

[quote="KY JELLY"]32 pipe racks , most primarily on gas so they can use the spray to make the day lol! got any notes on whether they ran within 5 hundredths on 2 back to back passes Shocked [/quote

If you had appeared for the 2010 'bash' you could have seen Bobby Small run three 4.51's back to back [on the engine]...I quess you were at the tenn-tuck instead Razz

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 14th 2012, 8:21 pm

It don't bother me that the thread was hijacked because it had fizzled out anyway.Besides, I like listening to you guy's because I know most of you, and all have good input. Now I don't know anything about alky,but I have good friends that are winning bracket racers.They race to win races and they swear by Methanol. No, you won't see NHRA S/S ,stock or any of the sportsman cars run alky,simply because they are not allowed to.Nascar can't run it because they are not allowed to tow a tanker behind them.NHRA has alcohol classes specifically for the ones who want to run it. This Alky/Gas fire is rekindled all the time w/never a winner. So,lets just keep running our gas and our Alky,and may the first one to the finish line win. Very Happy
Carry on Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 14th 2012, 8:33 pm

I'm gonna run both this season and see how that works out............with a little Mr. Frosty to boot..........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 14th 2012, 8:53 pm

I've won alot of bracket races on pump gas Shocked I'm glad they hi-jacked your thread jackazz..oops I mean Rick Twisted Evil You hi-jacked mine ,so shut up.. Razz I really like my methanol,but I think I'm gonna try some apple pie in it this year.It'll help the concession sales at the track Laughing
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 14th 2012, 8:56 pm

Hey Lemo, I was at B.F.Evans today and your oriface was black....I was hoping to see you,and that's a fact!! affraid
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 14th 2012, 10:52 pm

[quote="56Tbird"]I've won alot of bracket races on pump gas Shocked I'm glad they hi-jacked your thread jackazz..oops I mean Rick Twisted Evil You hi-jacked mine ,so shut up.. Razz I really like my methanol,but I think I'm gonna try some apple pie in it this year.It'll help the concession sales at the track Laughing [/quot

Now you just Hijacked their Alky/gas thread. Embarassed Evil or Very Mad How many different topics can we pull from this thread. Don't you have a toilet to clean Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 14th 2012, 11:12 pm

What color was the oil used in this engine???????? Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 14th 2012, 11:20 pm

richter69 wrote:What color was the oil used in this engine???????? Very Happy

I think you know the answer to that, don't get them started on the oil. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 14th 2012, 11:27 pm

[quote="Lem Evans"]
KY JELLY wrote:32 pipe racks , most primarily on gas so they can use the spray to make the day lol! got any notes on whether they ran within 5 hundredths on 2 back to back passes Shocked [/quote

If you had appeared for the 2010 'bash' you could have seen Bobby Small run three 4.51's back to back [on the engine]...I quess you were at the tenn-tuck instead Razz

I do remember spanking Bobby smalls gas burning c headed mustang with my methanol burning 466 Razz as a matter of fact I remember running about 7 back to back 5.55 ets on different days and spanking everybody at one of them bashes lol!
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 February 14th 2012, 11:47 pm

Barney wrote:How many heads up guys use methanol? ADRL, Outlaw 10.5, X275, etc, etc, etc? My guess would be not many. Alcohol displaces so much volume that when you get to certain point it's hard to get enough air in the cylinder. For example if you took a 1 gallon bucket and put 32 ounces of gas in it you would need 64 ounces of alcholol to supply the same volume of air making you lose the air capacity left in that bucket. Engines are self powered air pumps, not self powered liquid pumps, but that's a whole different conversation altogether. I'm sure methanol is very popular with the bracket crowd since it addresses two thing that are very important to them, cost, and cool operating temperature which helps with consistency and the fact that a lot of those races basically go round robin in the later rounds, however those two factors aren't nearly as important to heads up guys with mandatory cool down time between rounds. Just my opinion.
the heads up guys gota have something to go with all the fog they blow in their motor to make a fire. Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 14th 2012, 11:53 pm

I think most of those classes have rules specifying the use of gasoline only , thats probably why they don't use methanol Surprised
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 14th 2012, 11:56 pm

Everything has its place, to each their own.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 15th 2012, 12:22 am

Alky's for Drinkin' !!! Gas is for Racin' !!! cheers
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 15th 2012, 12:44 am

KY JELLY wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

If you understood my point you would not have took a point out of context with your gas biased opinion. I have not said one thing bad about gas you guys can't accept the fact it is not the most popular fuel among bracket racers. sorry methanol is lol!

I have not said anything bad about alcohol but, it seems the bias here is coming from your thoughts as POPULARITY is all about numbers of racers using it.
Not fast or best or anything else ... just numbers. Gasoline is simply MORE popular; big money or not.
That is NOT out of context as you used the word POPULAR, (again), and that is the only context I have addressed.
You mention ONE series out of hundreds ... that is pretty short sighted

Last edited by rmcomprandy on February 15th 2012, 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling and typo's)

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 15th 2012, 9:53 am

I like these little SPAT talks. The main thing is most of us are still friends afterwards.Carryon Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 15th 2012, 10:39 am

56Tbird wrote:Hey Lemo, I was at B.F.Evans today and your oriface was black....I was hoping to see you,and that's a fact!! affraid

Sorry I missed you Dano.....were the parts okay?

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 15th 2012, 1:00 pm

Mr Malik sir you When you can prove that there have been more bracket races won on gas or more bracket racers using gas I will bow down to your epistemology of this type of racing Smile
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Oakley Motorsports February 15th 2012, 1:04 pm

I can prove i have won more money and races than you on gas. Does that count. I bet bobby can too. Very Happy

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 15th 2012, 1:13 pm

Oakley Motorsports wrote:I can prove i have won more money and races than you on gas. Does that count. I bet bobby can too. Very Happy

Well be my guest and prove it , that won't be hard because I have never won a race on gas lol!
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next