BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give us your thoughts on these pistons

+14
342g
Barney
Lem Evans
BOSS 429
KY JELLY
DanH
LivermoreDave
cool40
71f150
c.evans
dfree383
rmcomprandy
richter69
bbf-falcon
18 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Give us your thoughts on these pistons - Page 2 Empty Re: Give us your thoughts on these pistons

Post  Lem Evans February 13th 2012, 7:28 pm

KY JELLY wrote: that is why methanol is the dominate fuel at big money and weekly bracket races.

J.Y. Kelly, you entitled to you opinion but not your own facts Razz

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Give us your thoughts on these pistons - Page 2 Empty Re: Give us your thoughts on these pistons

Post  Barney February 13th 2012, 7:40 pm

KY JELLY wrote:I always get my engine up to around 190-200 with the lean out before shutting it down after a race to get the pistons warm enough to evaporate anything that could seep into the cylinders after shut down. A carb can seep alcohol into the combustion chambers in or on the trailer on the ride home.

I have ran alcohol for 15 plus years and have not had an issue like this , not saying it couldn't happen because it could there are just certain things you do when running methanol. I would not let the fear of corrosion change my mind on running methanol there are simply way to many advantages to running methanol in a bracket racing application that is why methanol is the dominate fuel at big money and weekly bracket races.
Probly doesn't hurt that it's substantially cheaper either. I'll stick with Q16 at least I know what to expect.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 13th 2012, 10:02 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
KY JELLY wrote: that is why methanol is the dominate fuel at big money and weekly bracket races.

Yes I am too I am Jy Kelly Laughing just one step behind the great FAbholio lol!

you and Charlie go to one of them ten tuck races this year and instead of scratching each others hind end do a fuel cell survey affraid
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 13th 2012, 10:03 pm

more like 2 steps........... Razz
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 13th 2012, 10:35 pm

Big Time money races...?

Top Fuel Dragster = nitromethane
Funny Car = nitromethane
Pro Stock = gasoline
Pro Stock Motorcycle = gasoline
Indy racing League = Ethanol
Nextel Cup = Unleaded Gasoline
Endurance Sports Car Road Racing = gasoline
Unlimited Hydroplane Racing = gasoline & kerosene
Air Racing = gasoline
F1 = gasoline

Are there any larger series big money races than those...?
I don't see ANY methanol except maybe 3% or so that they mix with the nitro.

Ten-Tuck races aren't even near the same class of "Big Money" races.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 13th 2012, 10:39 pm

I think he meant big money bracket racing lol. Its a mixed bag around here, and honestly I cant say I'll never have another carbed gas combo...and even if I do it will still have a set of nozzels on it................. Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 13th 2012, 10:55 pm

KY JELLY wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:

Yes I am too I am Jy Kelly Laughing just one step behind the great FAbholio lol!

you and Charlie go to one of them ten tuck races this year and instead of scratching each others hind end do a fuel cell survey affraid

so, you have been running the tenn-tuck races?

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 13th 2012, 10:58 pm

richter69 wrote:I think he meant big money bracket racing lol. Its a mixed bag around here, and honestly I cant say I'll never have another carbed gas combo...and even if I do it will still have a set of nozzels on it................. Very Happy

Who cares if you never have another carbed gas combo Rolling Eyes You will have the cape Smile

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 13th 2012, 10:58 pm

Well it's 40 below....... and I don't give a tuck.............. got a heater in my truck and I'm off to the rodeo......................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 14th 2012, 12:59 am

richter69 wrote:Well it's 40 below....... and I don't give a tuck.............. got a heater in my truck and I'm off to the rodeo......................

Get of the stage you G.D. fool !!! Laughing Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 14th 2012, 9:42 am

The sport of drag racing has survived because of bracket racing. The bracket racers are the customers that buy the parts , most are not given the parts or the money to buy parts by sponsors like the professional categories .

And mr Malik I am not fuel biased and I have no problem admitting the fastes dragsters on the planet run on a mixture of nitromethane and methanol and are injected. The majority of bracket racers power their cars with methanol and nation wide there is more revenue won in bracket racing.

I run a tenn tuck or 2 mr Lem afro Shocked
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH February 14th 2012, 10:08 am

KY JELLY wrote:The sport of drag racing has survived because of bracket racing. The bracket racers are the customers that buy the parts , most are not given the parts or the money to buy parts by sponsors like the professional categories .

And mr Malik I am not fuel biased and I have no problem admitting the fastes dragsters on the planet run on a mixture of nitromethane and methanol and are injected. The majority of bracket racers power their cars with methanol and nation wide there is more revenue won in bracket racing.

I run a tenn tuck or 2 mr Lem afro Shocked
nation wide revenue for bracket racers is higher . I don't think so , think there is more oval track sportsman racers . gate money , drags don't even come close

not what this thread is about ...$$$$

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 14th 2012, 10:22 am

Have I mentioned anything other than drag racing ? Let me make myself clear I am talking about the fuel used in drag cars . I wouldn't give 2 frog fat asses for every circle track car there is in the world and the only ones I am interested in watching are winged sprint cars

I know it's not what the thread is about I let my self get drug out by the dyno gaz nazzi lol!
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 14th 2012, 10:39 am

J.Y. seems you want me to go to a tenn-tuck race....it'd be like watching five five-hundred mile nascar races back to back with the special feature of letting anyone that had a stock car and the entry fee run.
Let's say 197 cars show up for the D.D.S. race and all are allowed to race regardless of e.t. What would that do to the show? I suspect it'd suck regardless of what fuel is in the tank.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 14th 2012, 11:32 am

Think methanol and fuel cell surveys don't worry about how many are there all we need to know is the % that has methanol in the cell. Very Happy
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 14th 2012, 11:38 am

Well here comes Johnny
With his pecker in his hand
He's a one-ball man
And he's off to the rodeo........................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 14th 2012, 11:41 am

100 is the percentage of racers that won the Jeg's quick championship the last two years with Q16 in the fuel cell. BBF they were.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 14th 2012, 11:51 am

32 pipe racks , most primarily on gas so they can use the spray to make the day lol! got any notes on whether they ran within 5 hundredths on 2 back to back passes Shocked
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 14th 2012, 12:00 pm

KY JELLY wrote:32 pipe racks , most primarily on gas so they can use the spray to make the day lol! got any notes on whether they ran within 5 hundredths on 2 back to back passes Shocked

Scott Carman will send you all the time slips you want...even the ones where he beat James Monroe.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 14th 2012, 12:05 pm

James wll be sportin a blown alky combo this season........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 14th 2012, 12:11 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
KY JELLY wrote:32 pipe racks , most primarily on gas so they can use the spray to make the day lol! got any notes on whether they ran within 5 hundredths on 2 back to back passes Shocked

Scott Carman will send you all the time slips you want...even the ones where he beat James Monroe.

He or you can send me all you want we are talkin about methanol and fuel cells and how many don't have gas in them at a teen tuck race Very Happy

You will never change the fact that methanol is the most popular bracket racing fuel used no matter how much spin you put on it cheers
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 14th 2012, 12:21 pm

It's a matter of ...do you want to be popular or win?

I suspect it's past your nap time.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 14th 2012, 12:34 pm

Well this thread got way off track, now its all about a f'n rodeo. Very Happy
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 14th 2012, 1:07 pm

Lem Evans wrote:It's a matter of ...do you want to be popular or win?

I suspect it's past your nap time.

I doesnt keer about being popular , i am interested in your philosophy on how gas could help someone win. Cool

KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 14th 2012, 1:47 pm

How many heads up guys use methanol? ADRL, Outlaw 10.5, X275, etc, etc, etc? My guess would be not many. Alcohol displaces so much volume that when you get to certain point it's hard to get enough air in the cylinder. For example if you took a 1 gallon bucket and put 32 ounces of gas in it you would need 64 ounces of alcholol to supply the same volume of air making you lose the air capacity left in that bucket. Engines are self powered air pumps, not self powered liquid pumps, but that's a whole different conversation altogether. I'm sure methanol is very popular with the bracket crowd since it addresses two thing that are very important to them, cost, and cool operating temperature which helps with consistency and the fact that a lot of those races basically go round robin in the later rounds, however those two factors aren't nearly as important to heads up guys with mandatory cool down time between rounds. Just my opinion.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next