BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Thunder @ U.S. 43

+17
stangr8cr
Bsherry
QtrWarrior
TD2593
bigblok2000ranger
Oakley Motorsports
jbozzelle
56Tbird
342g
rmcomprandy
Barney
cool40
Andy@US43
Race Ready Fabrications
Moodyblues
bruno
IDT-572
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ford Thunder @ U.S. 43   - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford Thunder @ U.S. 43

Post  bruno February 28th 2012, 8:31 am

IDT-572 wrote:If we can't get two days, I don't know if its worth doing. We have guys coming a long way just for one night, and I have the tree and lights set for the dirt drags also, that sounds like are canceled.

All this was news to me tonight. Rolling Eyes

yeah that sounds completely different.

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 28th 2012, 9:49 am

I really hope they have more than 1 day ,unless they have an insanely large payout?? affraid king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 28th 2012, 12:00 pm

If it's a one day deal we probably won't come up... It is what it is and I understand if the track owners already have a race scheduled/planned and do not want to deviate from what is already been agreed upon for that date...

Blake, IMO you need a 32x14 on there, maybe a 33x15 if you can fit it. I think it'll help... I'd change the tire and leave the gear alone.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno February 28th 2012, 12:18 pm

im just talking out loud here ...... so dont flame me guys ....why dont we just rent the track from Oakley for the weekend. and pay the staff ???

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 28th 2012, 12:32 pm

bruno wrote:im just talking out loud here ...... so dont flame me guys ....why dont we just rent the track from Oakley for the weekend. and pay the staff ???

I don't think Phillip has the track any more, someone else leased it, and they are in the process of cleaning up, and getting ready to open.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno February 28th 2012, 12:40 pm

342g wrote:
bruno wrote:im just talking out loud here ...... so dont flame me guys ....why dont we just rent the track from Oakley for the weekend. and pay the staff ???

I don't think Phillip has the track any more, someone else leased it, and they are in the process of cleaning up, and getting ready to open.

ok , so why dont we get a hold of the person leasing it and set a date with him ???

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 28th 2012, 12:55 pm

bruno wrote:
342g wrote:

ok , so why dont we get a hold of the person leasing it and set a date with him ???

I posted this two, or three times on their web-site, never got a answer, Dan knows the guy I believe, maybe he can help, but lets ride Blakes deal out for awhile.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 28th 2012, 12:56 pm

IDT-572 wrote:
Barney wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:4.30 and is kinda tuff leaving now it needs what you were saying bigger tire, and less gear I can't leave on it like I would like to.

I still have some testing to do,I'm just leaving at 3800 on the break.
I assume your running a glide...? I'm switching from a C4 to a glide with the bigger motor. The C4 was stupid violent and generally would need some love after 15-20 passes. My car is geared for the 1/4 and spray, but is fine in the 1/8th too with enough spray its fine with the tall gear. I generally 60 in the 1 teens on the rears. I'll have to test with the glide and see what it likes.

Yes I run a glide and on the motor its at 7750 through the 1/4. I have not got in the teens yet, 1.200 close but ain,t there yet. I am tying the front down and trying it at a higher leave rpm on the engine And see what happens before I change anything.
we've tried limiters on my car and the car doesnt like it for some reason. it will get on the limiter then blow the tire off. it seems my car likes to leave in the air so i just tune with the bars.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 28th 2012, 2:42 pm

jbozzelle wrote:If it's a one day deal we probably won't come up... It is what it is and I understand if the track owners already have a race scheduled/planned and do not want to deviate from what is already been agreed upon for that date...

This seems to be another of those "bait & switch" things which happen throughout small track drag racing to improve their car count. Added days is impossible for them because it's all about the money.
That's life in the country we live in.
I'm sure it's not Blake's doing.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 28th 2012, 3:12 pm

My biggest problem is vacation days. I'm tapped out of them until 2013 after my little brother's wedding in May. If this was going to be a nice 2 day deal like the Bash I'd take off without pay and head up...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 28th 2012, 4:09 pm

Barney wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:
Barney wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:4.30 and is kinda tuff leaving now it needs what you were saying bigger tire, and less gear I can't leave on it like I would like to.

I still have some testing to do,I'm just leaving at 3800 on the break.
I assume your running a glide...? I'm switching from a C4 to a glide with the bigger motor. The C4 was stupid violent and generally would need some love after 15-20 passes. My car is geared for the 1/4 and spray, but is fine in the 1/8th too with enough spray its fine with the tall gear. I generally 60 in the 1 teens on the rears. I'll have to test with the glide and see what it likes.

Yes I run a glide and on the motor its at 7750 through the 1/4. I have not got in the teens yet, 1.200 close but ain,t there yet. I am tying the front down and trying it at a higher leave rpm on the engine And see what happens before I change anything.
we've tried limiters on my car and the car doesnt like it for some reason. it will get on the limiter then blow the tire off. it seems my car likes to leave in the air so i just tune with the bars.

I still have a good bit of tuning left in my front shocks, and Ky is going to give me his old sissy bars when he gets his new ones.

I will know here soon, It's about ready to come out of the shop and to the track.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 28th 2012, 4:17 pm

Just hang on guys till I talk to these guys, I will post what they want to do tonight, and if it don't suit everybody.

I guess we will just back up and punt................ Rolling Eyes
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Oakley Motorsports February 28th 2012, 4:56 pm

Just for the fact telling. I still hold the lease on the drag strip and dirt track. I am subleasing them out. I also do have the ability to hold out a weekend. Though I think it would be better for all involved to support Blake this year. It takes alot of effort to put this on and he seems to be trying hard. The only problem I see is Blake probably needs to call the shots on the race as his concern is for the racing. Good luck with everything!!!

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger February 28th 2012, 4:57 pm

It's hard to get an event going, I know first hand. Last year I inquired late and fought for months to get a date then when I finally got a date I didn't have enough time to get sponsors lined up... Last year we did not have many cars in the classes except 10.5 poweradder and street class, but because of the little bit of advertising I did manage to get done we pulled in probably 300 t-n-t'ers which made the track money and that made them happy.

If you can only get one day this year take it and be happy if you get a good enough car count then they will be looking forward to hosting the event the following year, it may take a couple years to get a complete weekend event going. Get someone to make you a website that will make the event known worldwide. I know it may be hard but the last thing you want to do is get pushy with the track owners, last year Byron had 5 other events going on besides my race but this year is looking much better.

You'll get it where you want Blake just might not happen this year.

The track wants to make money so advertise test and tuning as well it may not help with class car count but alot of people will be more than happy to come make a few passes to see what their car will do and check out some badass Ford's and be quite content with that.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 28th 2012, 6:58 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:It's hard to get an event going, I know first hand. Last year I inquired late and fought for months to get a date then when I finally got a date I didn't have enough time to get sponsors lined up... Last year we did not have many cars in the classes except 10.5 poweradder and street class, but because of the little bit of advertising I did manage to get done we pulled in probably 300 t-n-t'ers which made the track money and that made them happy.

If you can only get one day this year take it and be happy if you get a good enough car count then they will be looking forward to hosting the event the following year, it may take a couple years to get a complete weekend event going. Get someone to make you a website that will make the event known worldwide. I know it may be hard but the last thing you want to do is get pushy with the track owners, last year Byron had 5 other events going on besides my race but this year is looking much better.

The track wants to make money so advertise test and tuning as well it may not help with class car count but alot of people will be more than happy to come make a few passes to see what their car will do and check out some badass Ford's and be quite content with that.

From what I can see, this is simply a "piggy back" to someone else's race running THEIR regular program and ALLOWING you to be part of it.
That is fine ... as long as it is called out that way and not being sold as something special by simply adding another misleading title.
This particular event was kind-of a yearly reunion and meet & greet for everyone involved within the big block Ford community; NOT just the people with DRAG race vehicles.
T&T and grudge races are part of it all and the comradery involved with everyone; without that, it is just another race.
For drag racers, I guess that is not a big deal if you're one of those racers however, to go 700 miles one way for a vendor simply showing wares and to watch a one day event which isn't really a dedicated event is almost senseless.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno February 28th 2012, 7:00 pm

well said Mr. Malik

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 28th 2012, 7:01 pm

This was conveyed at our meeting we had and the Friday grudge racing and test and tune was discussed for Friday and Friday night.

I will talk to him at 6.00 tonight and see what happened. I'm sure it's just a miss understanding.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TD2593 February 28th 2012, 8:12 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
bigblok2000ranger wrote:It's hard to get an event going, I know first hand. Last year I inquired late and fought for months to get a date then when I finally got a date I didn't have enough time to get sponsors lined up... Last year we did not have many cars in the classes except 10.5 poweradder and street class, but because of the little bit of advertising I did manage to get done we pulled in probably 300 t-n-t'ers which made the track money and that made them happy.

From what I can see, this is simply a "piggy back" to someone else's race running THEIR regular program and ALLOWING you to be part of it.
That is fine ... as long as it is called out that way and not being sold as something special by simply adding another misleading title.
This particular event was kind-of a yearly reunion and meet & greet for everyone involved within the big block Ford community; NOT just the people with DRAG race vehicles.
T&T and grudge races are part of it all and the comradery involved with everyone; without that, it is just another race.
For drag racers, I guess that is not a big deal if you're one of those racers however, to go 700 miles one way for a vendor simply showing wares and to watch a one day event which isn't really a dedicated event is almost senseless.

The intent is not to " Piggy Back " onto another race, as this is intended to be an ALL Ford event ( no other makes on the grounds ) It just so happens that the Fox Body deal will fit right in with an all Ford weekend making it all the better for everyone. The original discussion I mentioned that if this year was a success that we will have no problem making the next one a 3 dayer, instead of just Friday and Saturday. This was a fairly short notice and will need some tweaking to get everything on the same page, to put together a large event on short notice is very hard. This WILL be a great event please stay tuned. I know exactly what you are saying about the reunion as for many years ( until we started with US43 that ended that ) I drove nearly 700 miles to an Olds event at Norwalk where all the guys from RealOldsPower.com had our Bash.
TD2593
TD2593

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy@US43 February 28th 2012, 8:49 pm

So here's the scoop,

The event will be 2 days, Friday June 22nd and Saturday June 23rd. Friday night being our usual grudge racing and test n tune, open to the public, but an emphasis on Ford Power. No better time to strut your stuff and show the ricers and chevy boys how it's done! FORD VS. THE WORLD! Might be able to get DBR's dyno down for this. Times for Friday are 5:00pm till 11:30pm. Saturday is to be Ford vehicles only, with grudge racing and test n tune, DBR Fox Body Tribute car show, and Dyno Challenge, with bracket races following in the evening. We will be giving prizes to the fastest Ford on the lot for Saturday, as well as the best dyno pulls.

Also, looking to run a heads up race in addition to the bracket races on Saturday.

Andy@US43

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy@US43 February 28th 2012, 9:04 pm

To add one more thing, the gates will be opened up on Friday the 22nd @ 1:00pm to get the early birds in and set up.

Andy@US43

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues February 28th 2012, 9:31 pm

Andy@US43 wrote:So here's the scoop,

The event will be 2 days, Friday June 22nd and Saturday June 23rd. Friday night being our usual grudge racing and test n tune, open to the public, but an emphasis on Ford Power. No better time to strut your stuff and show the ricers and chevy boys how it's done! FORD VS. THE WORLD! Might be able to get DBR's dyno down for this. Times for Friday are 5:00pm till 11:30pm. Saturday is to be Ford vehicles only, with grudge racing and test n tune, DBR Fox Body Tribute car show, and Dyno Challenge, with bracket races following in the evening. We will be giving prizes to the fastest Ford on the lot for Saturday, as well as the best dyno pulls.

Also, looking to run a heads up race in addition to the bracket races on Saturday.

Im good with this, but I am only a little over 100 miles from the track.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 28th 2012, 9:58 pm

I'll holdout any reservations until its all hashed out, let's not forget there's still 4 months away and a lot of anning and preparation has to be done. There's a lot that goes into putting something like this on, let it all get worked out before deciding whether it's good or bad the planning is just in it's infancy. Rich, Tony and I ran a index deal up north here and you wouldn't believe how much scrambling and work goes on during the off season. Just appreciate that these guys are trying to do something for YOU that they don't have to, and I'll be the first to say thank you, because I know what a thankless job it is to try to put something together that pleases everyone.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior February 28th 2012, 10:04 pm

Andy@US43 wrote:So here's the scoop,

Ga boyz will be there for this and it's over 500 miles for us. Cool
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Bsherry February 28th 2012, 10:52 pm

The Sherry gang will be there and it's a bunch more than 500 miles for me Very Happy

How much do I win for having the FASTEST Ford at the track Laughing
Bsherry
Bsherry
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TD2593 February 28th 2012, 10:53 pm

We are going to do the Dyno Challenge and give plaques for the most RWHP for BBF, SBF, Power Adder and most powerful Tow Vehicle !!! Friday night with be Grudge Racing, Test n Tune and shake down runs. Saturday will be all run grudge races, testing till 2:30 ish, The DBR chassis dyno will be running all day, Then will be giving the awards for the dyno winners and the Fox body car show winners, after a short break we will go into time trials for the all Ford bracket race to be held Saturday night. There will be more info as it is finalized, This will be a fun, full weekend. We plan on this being the first of many more Ford Thunder Events @US43 ! A area can be set aside for the members of 429-460 forum to have a meet and greet get together as well, that was something that I really enjoyed about going to the event at Norwalk for Oldsmobiles.
TD2593
TD2593

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next