BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Thunder @ U.S. 43

+17
stangr8cr
Bsherry
QtrWarrior
TD2593
bigblok2000ranger
Oakley Motorsports
jbozzelle
56Tbird
342g
rmcomprandy
Barney
cool40
Andy@US43
Race Ready Fabrications
Moodyblues
bruno
IDT-572
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ford Thunder @ U.S. 43   - Page 3 Empty Re: Ford Thunder @ U.S. 43

Post  Barney February 28th 2012, 10:58 pm

Bsherry wrote:The Sherry gang will be there and it's a bunch more than 500 miles for me Very Happy

How much do I win for having the third FASTEST Ford at the track Laughing
fixed it for ya. Razz
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 February 28th 2012, 10:59 pm

friday can be open early for the folks that want to or need to show up early.they aint hard to deal with,just ask questions and you'll get answers. Very Happy thanks Russell!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 28th 2012, 11:29 pm

TD2593 wrote:
The intent is not to " Piggy Back " onto another race, as this is intended to be an ALL Ford event ( no other makes on the grounds ) It just so happens that the Fox Body deal will fit right in with an all Ford weekend making it all the better for everyone. The original discussion I mentioned that if this year was a success that we will have no problem making the next one a 3 dayer, instead of just Friday and Saturday. This was a fairly short notice and will need some tweaking to get everything on the same page, to put together a large event on short notice is very hard. This WILL be a great event please stay tuned. I know exactly what you are saying about the reunion as for many years ( until we started with US43 that ended that ) I drove nearly 700 miles to an Olds event at Norwalk where all the guys from RealOldsPower.com had our Bash.

This is a WHOLE LOT different than what was posted here just yesterday.
So, I guess it will be best to wait until it is all hashed-out and final.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 February 28th 2012, 11:49 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
TD2593 wrote:
The intent is not to " Piggy Back " onto another race, as this is intended to be an ALL Ford event ( no other makes on the grounds ) It just so happens that the Fox Body deal will fit right in with an all Ford weekend making it all the better for everyone. The original discussion I mentioned that if this year was a success that we will have no problem making the next one a 3 dayer, instead of just Friday and Saturday. This was a fairly short notice and will need some tweaking to get everything on the same page, to put together a large event on short notice is very hard. This WILL be a great event please stay tuned. I know exactly what you are saying about the reunion as for many years ( until we started with US43 that ended that ) I drove nearly 700 miles to an Olds event at Norwalk where all the guys from RealOldsPower.com had our Bash.

This is a WHOLE LOT different than what was posted here just yesterday.
So, I guess it will be best to wait until it is all hashed-out and final.
what was posted yesterday was to let us know SATURDAY is an all ford race day.when we talked to the guys at the track they were up for the friday night and saturday ford race/bash/party.saturday night was to be bracket racing for everybody,GM,MOPAR,whatever.NOW its gona be ALL ford ALL weekend! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy@US43 February 29th 2012, 12:28 am

This is how the program will be run. The post I made yesterday was to inform you guys that the 23rd would be a Ford EXCLUSIVE day at the track.

The only thing left to determin is what, if any, heads up class will be competed.

Andy@US43

Back to top Go down

Post  stangr8cr February 29th 2012, 9:31 am

Bsherry wrote:The Sherry gang will be there and it's a bunch more than 500 miles for me Very Happy

How much do I win for having the FASTEST Ford at the track Laughing

How much does the car owner pay the driver for piloting the fastest ford there??? Twisted Evil Razz

Boo Boo
stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  hdandford February 29th 2012, 9:55 am

Andy@US43 wrote:Hey fellas,

My name is Andy Hunt, one of the managing partners at US 43 Dragway. The date for this event will be June 23. Ford Thunder will be held in conjunction with DBR High Performance's Fox Body Tribute. We will have Fords only at the track on Saturday! Class breakdown and payouts have yet to be determined, but should come out very soon. Most likely we'll be doing Box, No Box, and trophy street for bracket races. Also, DBR will have a chassis dyno on site making pulls.

For information about US 43 Dragway, look us up on Facebook!

Also, there unfortunately will not be a dirt drag held, drag racing only on the track.

Thanks,
Andy
Dang I was really looking forward to coming and meeting everyone, but no sense bringing my truck now if theres not going to race. Sad But thanks Blake for inviting us non-pavement guys and trying to get us invovled.

Last edited by hdandford on February 29th 2012, 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total

hdandford

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 29th 2012, 10:05 am

Barney wrote:I'll holdout any reservations until its all hashed out, let's not forget there's still 4 months away and a lot of anning and preparation has to be done. There's a lot that goes into putting something like this on, let it all get worked out before deciding whether it's good or bad the planning is just in it's infancy. Rich, Tony and I ran a index deal up north here and you wouldn't believe how much scrambling and work goes on during the off season. Just appreciate that these guys are trying to do something for YOU that they don't have to, and I'll be the first to say thank you, because I know what a thankless job it is to try to put something together that pleases everyone.

Thanks bud Wink
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 29th 2012, 11:38 am

OK. So it's a Fri/Sat deal just like the Bash. We'll be there. Thanks for clearing up the miscommunication.

Also, just to let the track owner/operator know. We would like to boil crawfish like we usually do at the Bash. Will this be OK at this track? Looking to boil about 80-100 lbs. Mikey might be able to score some shrimp to boil as well. Prices and supply have usually still been good in June allowing us to do this.

Also, what changed with the mud drag stuff? Was looking forward to seeing the mud guys on the board with their trucks.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy@US43 February 29th 2012, 11:52 am

Sure, the crawfish boil sounds fantastic! (I want some myself LOL)

The only restrictions we have as far as camping and cooking out are no open fires, and to please clean up after ourselves.

As far as the dirt drags, we don't have the extra timing equipment nor the extra safety equipment and manpower to put on such an event.

But, we are open to doing a tow truck drag race during the day on Saturday, which I think would be loads of fun.

Thanks,
Andy Hunt

Andy@US43

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 29th 2012, 12:05 pm

OK. Only prerequisite I have for the crawfish boil is bring your appetite and make sure we have a few empty trash cans for the mess... I will have an propane burner though.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy@US43 February 29th 2012, 12:15 pm

Sounds great!

Andy@US43

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 29th 2012, 12:26 pm

Andy@US43 wrote:Sure, the crawfish boil sounds fantastic! (I want some myself LOL)

The only restrictions we have as far as camping and cooking out are no open fires, and to please clean up after ourselves.

As far as the dirt drags, we don't have the extra timing equipment nor the extra safety equipment and manpower to put on such an event.

But, we are open to doing a tow truck drag race during the day on Saturday, which I think would be loads of fun.

Thanks,
Andy Hunt

Andy,

I have the tree and lights lined up for the dirt drags and all the help we need to prep a track and run the show. Plus the tractors and equipment to work up the ground.

We have a bunch of truck guys wanting to come.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno February 29th 2012, 12:28 pm

so these are the events ...correct me if im wrong

so classes are :

box

no-box

dyno challenge

foxbody car show

correct ? besides tnt/grudge

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 29th 2012, 12:29 pm

bruno wrote:so these are the events ...correct me if im wrong

so classes are :

box

no-box

dyno challenge

foxbody car show

correct ? besides tnt/grudge

Bruno,

Pm Andy about the sponsor information you need.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 29th 2012, 12:32 pm

I'd love to see the dirt guys run. I've never seen them before. I'd be glad to help in any way I can to get it done.
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 29th 2012, 12:34 pm

56Tbird wrote:I'd love to see the dirt guys run. I've never seen them before. I'd be glad to help in any way I can to get it done.

It's a short track and not mud so it's easy to prep the track and seed back down when your through.

It's a blast
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 29th 2012, 12:36 pm

IDT-572 wrote:
56Tbird wrote:I'd love to see the dirt guys run. I've never seen them before. I'd be glad to help in any way I can to get it done.

It's a short track and not mud so it's easy to prep the track and seed back down when your through.

It's a blast
Anybody got any 32 X 14.5 dirt tires I can borrow!! Very Happy
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy@US43 February 29th 2012, 12:37 pm

There will also be a street class for real street driven cars contested on Saturday.

Also, I'm not sure our insurance policy will cover any type of competition other than racing on the track.

Andy@US43

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 29th 2012, 12:46 pm

Andy@US43 wrote:There will also be a street class for real street driven cars contested on Saturday.

Also, I'm not sure our insurance policy will cover any type of competition other than racing on the track.
Ok, pit vehicle races then . Golf carts etc...
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy@US43 February 29th 2012, 12:51 pm

56Tbird wrote:
Andy@US43 wrote:There will also be a street class for real street driven cars contested on Saturday.

Ok, pit vehicle races then . Golf carts etc...

Now this is a good idea

Andy@US43

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea February 29th 2012, 1:02 pm

May be a good idea to open the gates for those that wish to arrive Thursday evening. Worked really well for those "EARLY early" birds that leave Thursday and need to drop the trailer before checking into a hotel OR setup the camper/trailer Thursday evening.

Dan we used to have some 31" Terra-Tires when we ran 4X4 Super Stock, they would have worked GREAT on your car Twisted Evil

My "Pit Vehicle" is a Honda CRF70... I want a piece of Dan's Chopper tongue
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon February 29th 2012, 1:31 pm

D. Sea wrote:May be a good idea to open the gates for those that wish to arrive Thursday evening. Worked really well for those "EARLY early" birds that leave Thursday and need to drop the trailer before checking into a hotel OR setup the camper/trailer Thursday evening.

Dan we used to have some 31" Terra-Tires when we ran 4X4 Super Stock, they would have worked GREAT on your car Twisted Evil

My "Pit Vehicle" is a Honda CRF70... I want a piece of Dan's Chopper tongue

Andy, Blake and I can be there Thursday evening to help with those who wish to come early and setup and visit with others.---RED
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  Pro98Mustang February 29th 2012, 3:20 pm

I got two grand kids that are really going to be sad if there are no Jr. Dragster runs made, I hauled two of them to Windy Hollow last year for them to race!!
Fastest Door car, we will see how that goes. I predict someone will run at least 4.60's in a door car.

Pro98Mustang

http://bjanthony@centurytel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 29th 2012, 4:29 pm

If BooBoo goes 4.60's he'll shit in his britches lol! affraid
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down