BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know another powerglide question haha.

3 posters

Go down

I know another powerglide question haha. Empty I know another powerglide question haha.

Post  onebad5.0 October 5th 2009, 8:23 pm

I'm wanting to convert my ole big block ford from a c-6 to a powerglide. Is there a special crank spacer or something I keep hearing about, and if so how does it work, and what flywheel do I buy to bolt up the gm style three bolt convertor? I plan on just buying a j.w. bell housing or does it matter which brand to adapt it? Thanks guys. Anthony
onebad5.0
onebad5.0

Back to top Go down

I know another powerglide question haha. Empty Re: I know another powerglide question haha.

Post  richter69 October 5th 2009, 9:30 pm

I bought a used JW ultrabell, JW "the wheel" and a JW spacer. It allows you to use a std chevy converter, no bastard off the wall stuff.

You will have to machine the spacer as its too long, pretty simple, i did it with a habd grinter and a drill press.......I'm redneck like that lol.

You'll like the powerglide despite what some people say..............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

I know another powerglide question haha. Empty Re: I know another powerglide question haha.

Post  jbozzelle October 7th 2009, 9:36 pm

Jon,

Is the Chevy converter snout smaller in OD than the Ford? What measurement do I need to machine the spacer to? The thickness of the midplate?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 7th 2009, 10:14 pm

the spacer is too "long", I just did the math on all the parts and left myself .010 of extra space.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle October 7th 2009, 10:15 pm

OK, thanks.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down