BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this

+23
maverick
cool40
whitefield
Barney
jbozzelle
69F100
bbf-falcon
QtrWarrior
John Myrick
NOS42
stangr8cr
Lem Evans
61coon
Copperhead
69bluehotrod
rmcomprandy
richter69
torino501
Dave C.
the Coug
bruno
blown86hallet
5pointslow
27 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this  Empty God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this

Post  5pointslow May 8th 2013, 8:53 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDyQZishJWw
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this  Empty Re: God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this

Post  blown86hallet May 8th 2013, 9:30 am

5pointslow wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDyQZishJWw

Old news.

Stuck open injectors.
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this  Empty Re: God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this

Post  5pointslow May 8th 2013, 9:37 am

maybe old news ......but

i dont a 50 k truck so i wouldnt know about i
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet May 8th 2013, 10:06 am

5pointslow wrote:maybe old news ......but

i was on the diesel program with the junk 6.4L and the new 6.7L here in Dearborn.

People can say what they want about the 6.7L! The warranty on this engine (as from launch to today's date) is lower than any other launch.
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 8th 2013, 10:28 am

blown86hallet wrote:
5pointslow wrote:maybe old news ......but

i was on the diesel program with the junk 6.4L and the new 6.7L here in Dearborn.

People can say what they want about the 6.7L! The warranty on this engine (as from launch to today's date) is lower than any other launch.

bs ....... fix my ecoturd !!!! Twisted Evil cheers

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet May 8th 2013, 10:38 am

should of went with the 5.0L!
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 8th 2013, 10:54 am

Well at least you could roast your marsh mellows with that truck....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. May 8th 2013, 11:07 am

I just bought the 5.0.. I drove the eco boost and couldn't feel anything special below 4000 rpm. So far I'm getting 16 mpg( usually loaded with shingles and fighting the OKLAHOMA wind ).

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  torino501 May 8th 2013, 11:38 am

if ford would have had the protective softwear in the 6.4L launch, i wonder how that would have turned out.the 6.7L has all the protection softwear on it and it still cooks turbos.

torino501

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet May 8th 2013, 12:02 pm

Dave C. wrote:I just bought the 5.0.. I drove the eco boost and couldn't feel anything special below 4000 rpm. So far I'm getting 16 mpg( usually loaded with shingles and fighting the OKLAHOMA wind ).

I kind of feel the ECO boost has not been time teseted yet!

The 5.0L is nothing more than a better built 4.6-5.4L... NOt a bad thing! It's a great engine!
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 8th 2013, 2:28 pm

the 6.7 unimpresses me more each day.........

6.4 is still the hands down winner in the turd contest......
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet May 8th 2013, 2:44 pm

I don't think anything impresses you.

Maybe if the coug was a cross-dresser that my impression you?
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 8th 2013, 2:57 pm

6.7 has the integrity of a potato chip. whoever came up with the oil filter design must have bought stock in brakeclean because it takes 5 cans to get all the residual oil off the damn thing.

good thing is some are going out of warranty now.........

Mike Miller thinks they are not very good either, he says bad things about you I care not to repeat.

one reason the warr claims are low is the way yall shaft the techs on hours we look for every reason to void warranty when we can as to not get a giant cock in the a$$ come payday.........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 8th 2013, 3:31 pm

We have an old 6.9 Ford/IHC here with a 7.3 pump and turbo and it really is good to drive. Even with the 350,000 miles.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  69bluehotrod May 8th 2013, 3:37 pm

"one reason the warr claims are low is the way yall shaft the techs on hours we look for every reason to void warranty when we can as to not get a giant cock in the a$$ come payday........."

Not trying to bust your balls, but what you are saying is ; even though you know there is problems with this deal , (warranty issue) techs, & you included by your own admission, are looking for any reason to say it's not under warranty because the dealership is only gonna pay what FORD says to pay on the repair?...
With these trucks in th 50 to 60 thousand $$$ range there is NO WAY a tech sould be making that call.... ( manager, dealership owner) should be on point with this!!!

What dealership do you work at agin????
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://rainbowvacuumsalesservice.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  torino501 May 8th 2013, 3:53 pm

damn fabio... tell us how you really feel. couldnt have said it any better my self though. since this was a clean sheet of paper design i would say they pretty much suck. i have no faith in the high pressure pump design at all. latest tsb just came out on these damn things,if they run rough during regen replace exhaust valves on the left cyl head only...? wtf....? no valve job just put valves and seals on it. at a piss poor flag hr..

torino501

Back to top Go down

Post  torino501 May 8th 2013, 3:58 pm

69... most owners and serv managers have no clue as to what there looking at. we will usually get and fse(field service engineer) and ford hotline involved and let them put the kiss of death void warranty on somthing. really not that hard to due on these engines.

torino501

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 8th 2013, 4:12 pm

69bluehotrod wrote:"one reason the warr claims are low is the way yall shaft the techs on hours we look for every reason to void warranty when we can as to not get a giant cock in the a$$ come payday........."

Not trying to bust your balls, but what you are saying is ; even though you know there is problems with this deal , (warranty issue) techs, & you included by your own admission, are looking for any reason to say it's not under warranty because the dealership is only gonna pay what FORD says to pay on the repair?...
With these trucks in th 50 to 60 thousand $$$ range there is NO WAY a tech sould be making that call.... ( manager, dealership owner) should be on point with this!!!

sounds like what happened with my deal working with " a" dealer ..... they had to have known of the issue with this truck , but i guess there techs didnt want to touch it due to pay ....took it to dealer "b" and they knew the problem asap ....took 2 weeks to get the parts ......replaced . back on the road ...but still have the same issue

talk to the ford directly today and said they were working on the issues Rolling Eyes ....this truck will not tow an empty trailer without it shutting down ......... p o s !!!

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  Copperhead May 8th 2013, 4:13 pm

Piss on the new ones,.......I'll keep my 96 PowerStroke. Smile

7.3 TTFMF
Wink
Copperhead
Copperhead

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 8th 2013, 4:14 pm

Copperhead wrote:Piss on the new ones,.......I'll keep my 96 PowerStroke. Smile

7.3 TTFMF
Wink

i regret everyday getting rid of mine Sad

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet May 8th 2013, 4:22 pm

And who is mike miller? And what does he say about me?
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 8th 2013, 4:29 pm

our other diesel tech..........

......btw I left a pile of broken 6.4s and 6.7s to come sit out here in an empty field in sw ok waiting for storms to fire.

you guys keep putting chips and stuff on um, I dont decide whats warrantable or not, I just provide all the information I see.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 8th 2013, 4:30 pm

blown86hallet wrote:And who is mike miller? And what does he say about me?

connie from FCS said a ton about you today also silent ...something about lazy ass enginners bounce cheers

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 8th 2013, 4:31 pm

richter69 wrote:our other diesel tech..........

......btw I left a pile of broken 6.4s and 6.7s to come sit out here in an empty field in sw ok waiting for storms to fire.

you guys keep putting chips and stuff on um, I dont decide whats warrantable or not, I just provide all the information I see.

my shit is stock !!!

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 8th 2013, 4:33 pm

bruno wrote:
69bluehotrod wrote:"one reason the warr claims are low is the way yall shaft the techs on hours we look for every reason to void warranty when we can as to not get a giant cock in the a$$ come payday........."

sounds like what happened with my deal working with " a" dealer ..... they had to have known of the issue with this truck , but i guess there techs didnt want to touch it due to pay ....took it to dealer "b" and they knew the problem asap ....took 2 weeks to get the parts ......replaced . back on the road ...but still have the same issue

talk to the ford directly today and said they were working on the issues Rolling Eyes ....this truck will not tow an empty trailer without it shutting down ......... p o s !!!

btw we dont turn anything down warranty or not. in fact we have gotten a lot of trucks that the other dealers didnt wanna mess with
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next