BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this

+23
maverick
cool40
whitefield
Barney
jbozzelle
69F100
bbf-falcon
QtrWarrior
John Myrick
NOS42
stangr8cr
Lem Evans
61coon
Copperhead
69bluehotrod
rmcomprandy
richter69
torino501
Dave C.
the Coug
bruno
blown86hallet
5pointslow
27 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this  - Page 7 Empty Re: God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this

Post  richter69 May 15th 2013, 10:09 pm

torino501 wrote:I get to do the new tsb on one..... yeah the all 8 exhaust valves on the left head.... for 14 hrs.... good grief...!

what a joke...........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this  - Page 7 Empty Re: God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this

Post  Lem Evans May 15th 2013, 10:19 pm

torino501 wrote:I get to do the new tsb on one..... yeah the all 8 exhaust valves on the left head.... for 14 hrs.... good grief...!

Wow...I do not blame you....I'd get a job down at the foundry before I'd put up with that stuff.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 15th 2013, 11:00 pm

poke fun all you want thats a ton of work for little money.

its a good thing the shops not full if 6.7s with warr repairs, a guy would have to find another line of work.

Id love to see Adam try and do it in that time.......

Last edited by richter69 on May 15th 2013, 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  torino501 May 15th 2013, 11:02 pm

Lem Evans wrote:

Wow...I do not blame you....I'd get a job down at the foundry before I'd put up with that stuff.
well im sure if I worked at the foundry for 14 hrs I would get paid for 14 hrs of labor. except ill work on it for a round 16-18 hrs and get paid for 14...

torino501

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 15th 2013, 11:05 pm

and btw i dont show up just to "break even" on the times......and I sure didnt make a dime off the motherf-cker when they sold it.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  torino501 May 15th 2013, 11:08 pm

blown86hallet wrote:So... All of you that bag on ford, talk shit about them go fucking buy a fucking Toyota or better yet go race a bow tie!

the ones thst make money off them should be great full! But no bad mouth them so the whole world can read about it which will only make them purchase another brand of vehicle which will put you guys out of work!

Real smart!

once these things are out of warr and the cost of the repair is twice as much what the truck is worth.... THAT'S what will make em run to the other brands.... I can only imagine what the 5 cyl diesel will be like...

torino501

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 15th 2013, 11:13 pm

good thing us dumb techs are here to fix these turds and make fomoco look good...... btw Mike had an f150 a couple weeks ago they bitched about the shift quality which they all shift like crap but we went ahead and stuck a whole new unit in it anyway as the other dealer I guess couldnt make um happy...... guess what? still shifts like crap and the selling dealer is buying the pos back!

richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 15th 2013, 11:14 pm

All I'm saying is.....if you guys hate your job get another one.

If a job pays 2 hours to little.....the tech aint the only one that came up short.

I've been doing the Ford thing since before most diesel techs were born and what I do know is 'we' aint gotta like it but it's what it is.

The difference is I have not...will not go to the local coffee shop or go on the internet and cry about it.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 15th 2013, 11:19 pm

If we all find new Jobs what then? disposable trucks? hell send um back to the foundry and let them ponder on it.......

Its good it aint all warranty, so for that reason Ill get up and go in tomorrow and be happy with what I do...... but I still bitch about um.

It sure seems we are a dying breed though, no new blood coming in, they aint stupid......
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 15th 2013, 11:21 pm

torino501 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:

well im sure if I worked at the foundry for 14 hrs I would get paid for 14 hrs of labor. except ill work on it for a round 16-18 hrs and get paid for 14...

Go get a job at the foundry Exclamation

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 15th 2013, 11:24 pm

update......
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 15th 2013, 11:31 pm

richter69 wrote:and btw i dont show up just to "break even" on the times......and I sure didnt make a dime off the motherf-cker when they sold it.

So, you are susposed to get an override on ever unit the store sells?

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 May 16th 2013, 12:03 am

Lem Evans wrote:Long before I ever saw a 6.9 deal....I had a saying....10% of the owners have 90% of the problems.

Lem, that's right on parallel with my boss's management mantra.. You spend 80% of your time managing 20% of your people.. I see it all the time Suspect

richter69 wrote:...It sure seems we are a dying breed though, no new blood coming in, they aint stupid......

I dunno.. I could get into it after doing my time building fighter motors.. they're a different kind of (set of) headaches.. Laughing
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 16th 2013, 8:23 am

off to go bail out Ford on another pos........ Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  John Myrick May 16th 2013, 8:26 am

God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this  - Page 7 Waaambulance_131849927469_zpse9949c2f
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 16th 2013, 10:22 am

almost every customer we deal with ^^^^^^^^^^
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt May 16th 2013, 10:34 am

richter69 wrote:and btw i dont show up just to "break even" on the times......and I sure didnt make a dime off the motherf-cker when they sold it.

Did you really just say that? You're not interested in working 14 hours on a job that pays 14 hours?

I was taught and I taught my kids to never work at a job you hate. I've only worked in 3 industries in over 30 years.

9 years in the oilfield. I left because of lay offs in 1989 Evil or Very Mad ( married on Saturday, laid off on Wednesday)

11 years in the car business, although we sold our dealership, I decided not to re-enter the business because I was fed up with dealing with employees. I love you

and currently 13 self employed. Basketball

I'll never hate going to work, and neither should you. Life is way to short.

If you can't find something you like doing, you should look at the guy doing the work, and not the job itself. cheers
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 16th 2013, 10:44 am

I don't punch a time clock or get a salary............not bragging but Im pretty fast, fix it right, and have very few comebacks...........the ones that do are usually not even the same concern.

If I wanted an hourly job this wouldn't be it trust me.

So yes I don't show up for a 40 hr week...............not in this line of work anyway. I assume you have never worked a flat rate style job?

Anyway I don't hate the job, I do however hate the slap in the face ford gives us for warranty time, recalls are way worse. Take a converter job on a freestar that pays 9 hrs and cut it half? hell even half would be better than they allow for it. They know they are f-cking us, that whole spin to win and the cheap pleather jacket they did years ago is proof. Even taking away the cruise, money etc for becoming a mastertech is gone.........which is one reason I wont ever do it...........I don't need a paper tiger to hang on the wall............only paper I need is the green kind.

Last edited by richter69 on May 16th 2013, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 16th 2013, 10:45 am

richter69 wrote:I don't punch a time clock or get a salary............not bragging but Im pretty fast, fix it right, and have very few comebacks...........the ones that do are usually not even the same concern.

So yes I don't show up for a 40 hr week...............not in this line of work anyway. I assume you have never worked a flat rate style job?

stoping scracting those damn headlight assemblies !!!! cheers

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 16th 2013, 10:50 am

bruno wrote:
richter69 wrote:I don't punch a time clock or get a salary............not bragging but Im pretty fast, fix it right, and have very few comebacks...........the ones that do are usually not even the same concern.

stoping scracting those damn headlight assemblies !!!! cheers
only for you Nick..........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 16th 2013, 10:52 am

BTW Nick how are your quality rides doing?
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt May 16th 2013, 11:05 am

richter69 wrote: I assume you have never worked a flat rate style job?

I paid techs and myself from a flat rate for years. You're not going to pull the wool over my eyes. Just because Ford learns that a job can be done in half the time that they originally estimated, doesn't mean that they should take the hit once they can confirm it takes less. Good techs will always flag more hours than they work. If you can't do it in the allotted time, or feel it doesn't pay enough, turn the ticket to another tech.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 16th 2013, 11:22 am

richter69 wrote:BTW Nick how are your quality rides doing?

i love ford ....... and all my fords are perfect !!!!! cheers

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 16th 2013, 11:32 am

Curt wrote:
richter69 wrote: I assume you have never worked a flat rate style job?

I paid techs and myself from a flat rate for years. You're not going to pull the wool over my eyes. Just because Ford learns that a job can be done in half the time that they originally estimated, doesn't mean that they should take the hit once they can confirm it takes less. Good techs will always flag more hours than they work. If you can't do it in the allotted time, or feel it doesn't pay enough, turn the ticket to another tech.

never said I couldn't do it in the given time .......... and your not gonna win the argument with any tech that what the factory gives is considered "good" time. It will always be lower than what the industry standard is.....we have a flat rate book we use to give time estimates, its always higher than what ford gives and they use the same method to get the numbers.

again your also welcome to come put all 8 exh valves in the ds cyl head on a 6.7 for 14 hrs, honesty id be happy to break even on that one.............those things are a pita to even get the cab off. Hell it pays more to do the same repair on a 6.4
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt May 16th 2013, 12:01 pm

richter69 wrote:

again your also welcome to come put all 8 exh valves in the ds cyl head on a 6.7 for 14 hrs, honesty id be happy to break even on that one.............those things are a pita to even get the cab off. Hell it pays more to do the same repair on a 6.4

I'm very good at a lot of things, but again, it's not what I want to do for a living. Maybe you should look at starting your own shop. Then you could set the prices and the rates for the mechanics.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next