BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this

+23
maverick
cool40
whitefield
Barney
jbozzelle
69F100
bbf-falcon
QtrWarrior
John Myrick
NOS42
stangr8cr
Lem Evans
61coon
Copperhead
69bluehotrod
rmcomprandy
richter69
torino501
Dave C.
the Coug
bruno
blown86hallet
5pointslow
27 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this  - Page 5 Empty Re: God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this

Post  NOS42 May 9th 2013, 4:46 pm

I like the way Jon thinks,believe it or not.....as long as you engineers keep doing what your doing....guys like us will always have a job, no matter if its a Ford, Dodge, or GM......I just have one request....can you guys keep a drivetrain program longer than two or three years....just when everyone gets on the same page, manufacturers change plucking everything.....change is good, but not always all the time
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this  - Page 5 Empty Re: God bless the good ol 7.3 powerstroke lol !!! Maybe Fabio will explain this

Post  richter69 May 9th 2013, 4:55 pm

bruno wrote:
blown86hallet wrote:So... All of you that bag on ford, talk shit about them go fucking buy a fucking Toyota or better yet go race a bow tie!

the ones thst make money off them should be great full! But no bad mouth them so the whole world can read about it which will only make them purchase another brand of vehicle which will put you guys out of work!

Real smart!

lmao ...oh come on , im just busting your balls ...plus nobody looks at this site Very Happy Very Happy I love you

yeah it aint yellowbullet or anything like it.............. Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 9th 2013, 5:04 pm

i will always buy a ford , have a ford race car ...just seems like my rental cars are always toyota's Razz Razz scratch lol!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 9th 2013, 6:33 pm

blown86hallet wrote:6.9 is nothing but a 7.3. No turbo mfi

As I said at the beginning of this thread ... a 6.9 with the pump, exhaust, intake and turbo from a 7.3 is a really nice package.
However, probably won't meet federal emissions but, runs really, really good; even with over 350,000 miles..

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 May 9th 2013, 7:14 pm

richter69 wrote:
bruno wrote:
blown86hallet wrote:So... All of you that bag on ford, talk shit about them go fucking buy a fucking Toyota or better yet go race a bow tie!

the ones thst make money off them should be great full! But no bad mouth them so the whole world can read about it which will only make them purchase another brand of vehicle which will put you guys out of work!

Real smart!

lmao ...oh come on , im just busting your balls ...plus nobody looks at this site Very Happy Very Happy I love you

yeah it aint yellowbullet or anything like it.............. Laughing
it should be damn it....no tech, just trashed or be trashex
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney May 9th 2013, 10:25 pm

I had to take my duramax in for a ac problem a couple weeks ago. I had never used the ac since I bought it in september. It appears they forgot to add freon at the factory somehow. Oh well 90k and that's the only time its had a issue. I agree with Fabio on the maintenance I spend 3-4. Hundred a month on maintenance and washes but its worth it. My buddies 2012 6.7 has only had a cel once in 180k and it was a fluke deal with the exhaust brake and cruise. I think they all have issues but if you take care ofthem they're ok.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield May 9th 2013, 11:13 pm

Barney wrote:I had to take my duramax in for a ac problem a couple weeks ago. I had never used the ac since I bought it in september. It appears they forgot to add freon at the factory somehow. Oh well 90k and that's the only time its had a issue. I agree with Fabio on the maintenance I spend 3-4. Hundred a month on maintenance and washes but its worth it. My buddies 2012 6.7 has only had a cel once in 180k and it was a fluke deal with the exhaust brake and cruise. I think they all have issues but if you take care ofthem they're ok.

I couldn't agree more! I bought a F350 FX4 back in december of last year that was a 03 6.0 one owner Nursery truck that had 300,000 miles of red clay nursery mud on it Orignal owner original every thing and stock ! owner kept it serviced at the Ford dealer regularly where my son works. still running today sold it to a guy 50 miles south of Alanta GA.
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney May 9th 2013, 11:37 pm

Yep maintenance goes a long way. I change my fliuds and filters and rotate my tires religiously. My truck is stock as a rock. Power isntcan issue with any of the 11-13 trucks. Youvlook at it a litle different when you feed your family with your truck.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 10th 2013, 5:58 am

I thought this new 6.7 was suppose to be the greatest thing that ever come out?

Sounds like to me Ford needs to get the 7.3 back Before the Engineers make another Bung Hole Stretcher to sell us!
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle May 10th 2013, 6:38 am

blown86hallet wrote: What race is this? where at? Boat racing?

Drag race at US60 in Hardinsburg that George Keown on here put together.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 10th 2013, 10:49 am

blown86hallet wrote:To bad they were not ford engines. Hands tied on the lay out of them

Neither were the 6.9 or 7.3 ... it seems that IHC knew what they were doing.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 10th 2013, 11:22 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
blown86hallet wrote:To bad they were not ford engines. Hands tied on the lay out of them

"Knew" = past tense. Navistar knew something when the 6.9 and 7.3 were done that they no longer knew when the 6.0 and 6.4 were done.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle May 10th 2013, 11:26 am

And the 7.3 would have the same issues today if it had all the computer related stuff on it to make it EPA compliant...

It's the emissions equipment. Same with the big Tier III diesels from Cat, Cummins, etc... for offshore use. Only thing yet to come to offshore are exhaust scrubbers (DPF) and DEF. But in the coming years they will be phased in. Can you imagine carrying enough DEF for a vessel that has a fuel capacity of roughly 40,000 gallons. That's 40,000 just for it's own use, not considering cargo fuel... And a DPF large enough to be mounted in a piece of 12" exhaust pipe??? And then have to monitor EGTs for roughly 100' of pipe, then regen that big ass engine....

At least you don't have to log everytime an emmissions compliant items was serviced or changed in your engine. They have to do it offshore. PITA!!!

Expensive too. Offshore has to update to Tier III compliant by a certain year too...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 10th 2013, 11:32 am

Tier III = less performance and a lot more fuel comsumption.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle May 10th 2013, 1:09 pm

Yep. Burn fuel to burn off soot. Makes no sense to me. You can't reduce carbon to nothing by burning it...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  torino501 May 10th 2013, 3:01 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

"Knew" = past tense. Navistar knew something when the 6.9 and 7.3 were done that they no longer knew when the 6.0 and 6.4 were done.
navistar still uses the 6.4L in there medium trucks, call MAXFORCE 7. gues they knew somthing ford didnt...?

torino501

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 10th 2013, 4:06 pm

torino501 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

navistar still uses the 6.4L in there medium trucks, call MAXFORCE 7. gues they knew somthing ford didnt...?

Here is what Ford knew...they had get rid of Navistar before it put them out of the truck business.

There are people in this world that still crap outside in a ditch but, it don't mean they know something we don't know.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 10th 2013, 4:35 pm

6.4 = pile of shit

now put a 7.3 di in the 08-010 chassis with a billet radiator and now you got a winner............. Basketball
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 10th 2013, 4:54 pm

richter69 wrote:6.4 = pile of shit

now put a 7.3 di in the 08-010 chassis with a billet radiator and now you got a winner............. Basketball

Billet rods and grille.

You gonna ask the EPA for a waiver to build the "Fabio edition" superduty?

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior May 10th 2013, 5:27 pm

richter69 wrote:

Hmmmm, we can do that 'round here..... Shocked
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 10th 2013, 5:37 pm

no emissions testing in OK either, hell you don't even have to have a safety inspection...........

the billet radiator is due to the fact the radiators are as junky as the engines............not sure Navistar made the radiators though.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney May 10th 2013, 5:53 pm

I think people expect to much of all of these trucks. Everyone wants a truck that hauls like a semi, is as comfortabke as a bently, is as fast as a sports car, off roads like a jeep, and leaves the carbon footprint of a prius. Lets imagine if ford brought back the 7.3 . It would be down 150 hp and 300 ft lbs of torque. Have towing capacity 6-8k less than its competitors. It would be noisier and wouldn't pass emmissions. Ford would sell like 8 of them because it wouldnt be competitive today.sure they could get the power up and clean it up, but then it wohldnt be as reliable as they are known to be. I think the 6.7 is more than capable. Do they have issues? They all do. Heres an example. I was in Williston ND. Yesterday and was getting fuel. Across the lot was a 6.7 f350 srw pulling a 53 ft wedge with 3 diesel pickups, a bobcat skidsteer with a excavating bucket, and a industrial diesel generator. I figure it was around 41k in tow. I pulled up and was talking to him for a minute. The truck was fiflthy and the interior was already roached. He said he hauls like that everyday the truck had 60k on it had been through 3 sets of tires already. That guy will be the first to cry warranty when his everything fails and say 6.7s are junk.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 10th 2013, 7:39 pm

fomoco Isn't the only american Co. w/products that give you problems. A friend I work with has whined about his ole 50's tractor for years having to work on it each time before he uses it. I told him to just break down and buy him a new tractor.Well,he finally broke down a couple years ago and bought a brand new 33 horse 4wd Massy Ferguson.Guess what,300 hrs. later the tranny is locked up and its out of warranty.I hauled it to the dealer for him yesterday .hard to tell whats that bill will be. Embarassed He's pissed to say the least. Evil or Very Mad

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 10th 2013, 7:49 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:fomoco Isn't the only american Co. w/products that give you problems. A friend I work with has whined about his ole 50's tractor for years having to work on it each time before he uses it. I told him to just break down and buy him a new tractor.Well,he finally broke down a couple years ago and bought a brand new 33 horse 4wd Massy Ferguson.Guess what,300 hrs. later the tranny is locked up and its out of warranty.I hauled it to the dealer for him yesterday .hard to tell whats that bill will be. Embarassed He's pissed to say the least. Evil or Very Mad

Kind of like the gal that lives down the street...her Mini Cooper has been on a rollback headed to Nashville twice in the last month but, it seems that's okay because it's German engineering.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 10th 2013, 8:20 pm

Companies need to build cars like JetBoatBob builds engines.They always run great,never break down,everyone is always impressed,and the customer is always happy. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next