BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Block Info

+3
cool40
maverick
385Admirer
7 posters

Go down

Block Info Empty Block Info

Post  385Admirer February 24th 2015, 2:33 pm

I have a friend that has 3 429 engines and he is considering selling them for scrap. I have contemplated building a stroked out Ford (500+cid) and am wondering what block number would be preferable to use or are the factory blocks close to being the same? I don't have room for all 3 blocks but was curious to find out if there was something specific that I needed to look for. I all new to this, so, forgive me for my lack of knowledge. The engine will be for drag racing only. Thank you for your input.

385Admirer

Back to top Go down

Block Info Empty Re: Block Info

Post  maverick February 24th 2015, 2:42 pm

If he's thinking of scrapping them, you need to get them all, pick the best one, and let someone else make use of the others.  I'm sure someone on this board will be happy to have them.  Don't let them go to scrap.  There are no bad 385 series blocks...depending on your build specifics, some are just better than others.

Where are you located?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  385Admirer February 24th 2015, 2:51 pm

I'll see if I can get them all. I'm limited on space right now. I would love to build a race engine and put it in a 59 F100 or a 55-56 Mainline to "whup up" on some bowtie boys. I hate to see my buddy get rid of all those blocks when they have so much potential. I thought if I was limited to only pick one, would one block be more desirable over another? I'll either try to build a stroker on NOS or I've got a spare 8-71 Bowers supercharger sitting on a shelf that needs to be put on something. Either way, it'll be fun.

385Admirer

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 February 24th 2015, 3:11 pm

D0ve blocks are the thicker but a very few D1ve are also. You should get all of them and sell what you don't need.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 24th 2015, 3:13 pm

the block ID #'s are just above the starter.get the #'s from the blocks and we can help you decide. Like Kim said,get all 3 if possible. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea February 24th 2015, 4:20 pm

I have room for the blocks you don't need.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  SandHillsHillbilly February 24th 2015, 5:53 pm

No need to scrap those blocks. Most anyone here would be willing to take him off his hands or take what you don't want.

Where are you at so we can decide who calls dibs? Laughing
SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt February 24th 2015, 6:03 pm

Scrap is only $100/ton today. You should at least offer him that much if he's willing to deliver them.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  385Admirer February 24th 2015, 6:23 pm

I live in northern Texas and he lives in Oklahoma. He's my best friend, so, he won't get rid of them if I ask nicely. I won't be going his direction for another few weeks, but I'll try to get them, or have him hold on to them until I can retrieve them. I'll get the numbers at that time and relay them to you guys. Thanks for your info so far.

385Admirer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down