BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more aftermarket iron blocks

+13
J.Toney
hbstang
rmcomprandy
cool40
supervel45
FDB
QtrWarrior
BBFTorino
dfree383
Mark O'Neal
stanger68
Lem Evans
Dave De
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  Uglytruck December 12th 2022, 12:10 pm

Dave De wrote:Back to the topic.
I ran across this video on Godzilla from PRI that has relevant info on blocks.

Skip to the 10 minute mark and listen to Mike?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsotYZcuzlU

Does anyone know who Mike is?

Those comments put a little light at the end of the tunnel.  I've been waiting over 2 years.

Uglytruck

Posts : 44
Join date : 2009-01-05
Age : 66
Location : Sandy Oregon

cool40 and Mark Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  supervel45 February 5th 2023, 6:42 am

No cigar but, you don't see these everyday.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155368276178

It's a new in the crate M-6010-A75 Block/(5)Blocks for $650.00 ea..

supervel45

Posts : 4464
Join date : 2013-09-04

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  Dave De February 26th 2023, 12:10 pm

Its the end of February and still no new information.
Dave De
Dave De

Posts : 791
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Highland, MI

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  supervel45 July 6th 2023, 1:55 am

Not Mine! Buyer Always beware!

Anyway I told the OP in the CHead thread it sold, and I was either mistaken or the deal fell through, and it relisted, ect..

Supposed to be a new A460 Block if anyone is in need. Has a 572 kit for it also.

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/727699405866549/?media_id=4&ref=share_attachment

Just passing it on as they are extremely hard to come by now.

supervel45

Posts : 4464
Join date : 2013-09-04

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  Dave De October 20th 2023, 9:28 pm

Any update here? Is it time to start thinking about brand X?
Dave De
Dave De

Posts : 791
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Highland, MI

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  supervel45 October 22nd 2023, 12:32 am

Dave De wrote:Any update here? Is it time to start thinking about brand X?

I know where 3 are New. 5k and Piss off. 7-10 Maybe. It's Fubar Now.

Buy a 572 Crate when They Hit The Street.

You will Likely break even or Make Money when You Part it Out with FJB Funny Bucks.

elephant Bucks Much More Better. afro P)lease lol!

supervel45

Posts : 4464
Join date : 2013-09-04

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  Dave De October 22nd 2023, 10:16 am

supervel45 wrote:
Dave De wrote:Any update here? Is it time to start thinking about brand X?

I know where 3 are New. 5k and Piss off. 7-10 Maybe. It's Fubar Now.

Buy a 572 Crate when They Hit The Street.

You will Likely break even or Make Money when You Part it Out with FJB Funny Bucks.

elephant Bucks Much More Better. afro P)lease lol!

I'm not interested in NOS A460 blocks. If the foundation of this platform is not supported why go further? Kinda sad that you will have to buy a crate engine to get a block. I'm not sure that's acceptable either. When are these 572's supposed to be available? Sorry for being negative I'm disgusted to say the least.
Dave De
Dave De

Posts : 791
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Highland, MI

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  rmcomprandy October 22nd 2023, 11:11 am

As of last week ... Ford Performance Parts says those blocks will still be coming but, they can't give a date.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 6114
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

http://www.rmcompetition.com

J.Toney likes this post

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  supervel45 October 22nd 2023, 11:39 am

Dave De wrote:
supervel45 wrote:
Dave De wrote:Any update here? Is it time to start thinking about brand X?

I know where 3 are New. 5k and Piss off. 7-10 Maybe. It's Fubar Now.

Buy a 572 Crate when They Hit The Street.

You will Likely break even or Make Money when You Part it Out with FJB Funny Bucks.

elephant Bucks Much More Better. afro P)lease lol!

I'm not interested in NOS A460 blocks. If the foundation of this platform is not supported why go further? Kinda sad that you will have to buy a crate engine to get a block. I'm not sure that's acceptable either. When are these 572's supposed to be available? Sorry for being negative I'm disgusted to say the least.

Summit showed 4 572's in Stock. One of the SVO/FRRP Dealers said they Had them in House when I called them on the Phone. They May have been Fibbing to get a Deposit?

Lem Said NO! They are Still at The Engine/Motor Assembly Plant When I Asked Him.

I Would Believe Lem. RIP Brother

supervel45

Posts : 4464
Join date : 2013-09-04

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  BBFTorino October 22nd 2023, 5:09 pm

So the alternatives are either aluminum block.....even a billet block, but both are big$$$ Shocked
Or switch to a big inch small block, like 450+ inch Windsor or 500 cube Cleveland.....or switch to Chevy.

BBFTorino

Posts : 987
Join date : 2015-12-31

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  supervel45 October 22nd 2023, 11:45 pm

BBFTorino wrote:So the alternatives are either aluminum block.....even a billet block, but both are big$$$ Shocked
Or switch to a big inch small block, like 450+ inch Windsor or 500 cube Cleveland.....or switch to Chevy.

I would not be surprized if Ford put the Crates out First, Reaped Maximum Profit until that dried up. Then Maybe some Short Blocks, Same Game Plan, and Finally Bare Blocks. Randy mentioned part of that once also, about re-issuing Part #'s. Time will Tell I guess.

People are sitting on those A460 blocks new in the crate now. The time will come with Old Age ect. the Wife or Kids will sell them because of negative Life Changes and Circumstance. Crying or Very sad

I would rather get one straight from Summit or SVO though, Like most Everyone else I imagine.

supervel45

Posts : 4464
Join date : 2013-09-04

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  Dave De October 24th 2023, 10:22 am

I was able to get some intel from a high level person at Ford. It looks like the A460XBB will be available before the A460X. I dont have details on availability but we will be given more info at SEMA next week. Looking back on the information from Lem, this all ties together.

My thoughts...
They will give us dates on availability, price, and more details on the block. This first lot run will be sold out within days of availability.
Dave De
Dave De

Posts : 791
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Highland, MI

J.Toney likes this post

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  J.Toney October 31st 2023, 6:59 am

Dave De wrote:I was able to get some intel from a high level person at Ford. It looks like the A460XBB will be available before the A460X. I dont have details on availability but we will be given more info at SEMA next week. Looking back on the information from Lem, this all ties together.

My thoughts...
They will give us dates on availability, price, and more details on the block. This first lot run will be sold out within days of availability.

This is at least good to hear. Excited for feedback. Heck, if they sell out the first run quickly, maybe incentive to move more stock out quickly also.
J.Toney
J.Toney

Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-08-18
Location : Kent CIty, MI

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  Dave De October 31st 2023, 10:40 pm

From Engine Labs today

Also available at the same time is Ford Performance’s “big-bore” variant of the 460 big-block Ford engine block. P/N: M-6010-A460XBB is a big-bore variant of the A460X block already in the Ford Performance catalog and has the capacity to make an easy 598 cubic inches of displacement. It features four-bolt main caps on mains 2, 3, and 4, with an MSRP of $3,950. And, like the Iron Coyote, it is both cast and machined in the USA.

Both new engine blocks will be available through all Ford Performance dealers as of November 2, 2023 and the Ford Performance Tech Line is available to answer any immediate questions you might have on the new blocks at (800) 367-3788.

I will contact FRP and see if I can pick up one from the warehouse in Livonia since I live 40 minutes away. I will post when the lock is up on the parts website.
Dave De
Dave De

Posts : 791
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Highland, MI

J.Toney and Mark Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  supervel45 November 1st 2023, 1:02 am

That's a pretty good price, two for $3,950.00! Crying or Very sad Wink

The Rumor around here is there was only 300 cast.

Yes They Will Sell Out Fast.

Looks Like Turbo Small Block Windsor for Me If I Ever Got Serious about Racing. Surprised

supervel45

Posts : 4464
Join date : 2013-09-04

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  J.Toney November 1st 2023, 5:07 am

Dave De wrote:From Engine Labs today

Also available at the same time is Ford Performance’s “big-bore” variant of the 460 big-block Ford engine block. P/N: M-6010-A460XBB is a big-bore variant of the A460X block already in the Ford Performance catalog and has the capacity to make an easy 598 cubic inches of displacement. It features four-bolt main caps on mains 2, 3, and 4, with an MSRP of $3,950. And, like the Iron Coyote, it is both cast and machined in the USA.

Both new engine blocks will be available through all Ford Performance dealers as of November 2, 2023 and the Ford Performance Tech Line is available to answer any immediate questions you might have on the new blocks at (800) 367-3788.

I will contact FRP and see if I can pick up one from the warehouse in Livonia since I live 40 minutes away. I will post when the lock is up on the parts website.
Grab one for me while yer there! Very Happy
J.Toney
J.Toney

Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-08-18
Location : Kent CIty, MI

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  Dave De November 1st 2023, 10:33 am

I just got off the phone with Ford Performance tech line. The block isn't released yet but should be released on the 6th. Look for some detail released at PRI.
Info from the tech line
A460XBB
bore capable 4.490-4.600
10.320 deck height
18 bolt head configuration
275 pounds
4 bolt main caps for mains 2,3, and 4
Dave De
Dave De

Posts : 791
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Highland, MI

J.Toney and Mark Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  J.Toney November 1st 2023, 10:39 am

Nov 6 or Dec 6?
J.Toney
J.Toney

Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-08-18
Location : Kent CIty, MI

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  Dave De November 1st 2023, 10:45 am

J.Toney wrote:Nov 6 or Dec 6?

Available November 6th
Dave De
Dave De

Posts : 791
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Highland, MI

J.Toney and maverick172 like this post

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  Dave De November 1st 2023, 11:25 am

New data sheet for A460XBB
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6010-A460XBB
Dave De
Dave De

Posts : 791
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Highland, MI

Mark Miller and maverick172 like this post

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  supervel45 November 1st 2023, 1:23 pm

I Kinda Doubt Mike Marillo will come Back.

We will see What Kind of Times His New Mill Puts Down. I am about Positive That will be the Deciding Factor.

You Know if it's Faster, How That's Going to Be...................

It is What It is.

I Still Say The BBF is More at Home in Trucks and Marine as well as Heavy Weight Drag Vehicles and If The Price and Parts Availibilty Does Not Improve Soon it Will Not Be Good! Mad

supervel45

Posts : 4464
Join date : 2013-09-04

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  maverick172 November 2nd 2023, 12:11 pm

do you know what the max stroke for this block is ? can you run a 4.75 stroke
Dave De wrote:I just got off the phone with Ford Performance tech line. The block isn't released yet but should be released on the 6th. Look for some detail released at PRI.
Info from the tech line
A460XBB
bore capable 4.490-4.600
10.320 deck height
18 bolt head configuration
275 pounds
4 bolt main caps for mains 2,3, and 4

maverick172

Posts : 200
Join date : 2022-10-16

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  supervel45 November 2nd 2023, 10:49 pm

maverick172 wrote:do you know what the max stroke for this block is ? can you run a 4.75 stroke
Dave De wrote:I just got off the phone with Ford Performance tech line. The block isn't released yet but should be released on the 6th. Look for some detail released at PRI.
Info from the tech line
A460XBB
bore capable 4.490-4.600
10.320 deck height
18 bolt head configuration
275 pounds
4 bolt main caps for mains 2,3, and 4

I don't know but, I would sure hope so.

I would think worst case you would have to relieve the oil pan rails like a 400 Sbc?

I am struggling to see where there is much difference from the old small bore and big bore A460 Block's short of the "New Tooling"

Easy 598 is Nothing New. Like Lem said, They used to offer 598 Stroker Kits in the Old SVO Catalogs. It Seemed that he said with Callies Cranks also, if I remember correctly.

supervel45

Posts : 4464
Join date : 2013-09-04

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  rmcomprandy November 3rd 2023, 10:37 am

supervel45 wrote:

I am struggling to see where there is much difference from the old small bore and big bore A460 Block's short of the "New Tooling"

Easy 598 is Nothing New. Like Lem said, They used to offer 598 Stroker Kits in the Old SVO Catalogs. It Seemed that he said with Callies Cranks also, if I remember correctly.

The 598 kits had Arias pistons with aluminum rods and a crankshaft of FORD AMS forged steel made from their raw forging; the raw forgings which were eventually bought out by Bryant.

NOT needing to pay some shop to bore a rough bore 4.345" block to 4.500" inch bore is a pretty good reason and block cast iron is over $3.00 per pound to the manufacturer..

rmcomprandy

Posts : 6114
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

http://www.rmcompetition.com

J.Toney and Mark Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  maverick172 November 3rd 2023, 10:46 am

what would you recommend for a stroker kit for a 598 now is there any kits or best just buy a crank rods and pistons ?
rmcomprandy wrote:
supervel45 wrote:

I am struggling to see where there is much difference from the old small bore and big bore A460 Block's short of the "New Tooling"

Easy 598 is Nothing New. Like Lem said, They used to offer 598 Stroker Kits in the Old SVO Catalogs. It Seemed that he said with Callies Cranks also, if I remember correctly.

The 598 kits had Arias pistons with aluminum rods and a crankshaft of FORD AMS forged steel made from their raw forging; the raw forgings which were eventually bought out by Bryant.

NOT needing to pay some shop to bore a rough bore 4.345" block to 4.500" inch bore is a pretty good reason and block cast iron is over $3.00 per pound to the manufacturer..

maverick172

Posts : 200
Join date : 2022-10-16

Back to top Go down

No more aftermarket iron blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: No more aftermarket iron blocks

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum