BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does the NHRA rulebook say about the steering shaft/system??

3 posters

Go down

What does the NHRA rulebook say about the steering shaft/system?? Empty What does the NHRA rulebook say about the steering shaft/system??

Post  David Willingham September 8th 2009, 4:14 pm

I can't find my book, so I will order a new one. My steering shaft is going to be a nightmare and may have to use a chain drive. I want to make sure everything is 100% legal and safe.

Thanks,
David
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

What does the NHRA rulebook say about the steering shaft/system?? Empty Re: What does the NHRA rulebook say about the steering shaft/system??

Post  Treeyasoon September 8th 2009, 4:44 pm

Here ya' go...hope you can read it.

What does the NHRA rulebook say about the steering shaft/system?? Img026
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

What does the NHRA rulebook say about the steering shaft/system?? Empty Re: What does the NHRA rulebook say about the steering shaft/system??

Post  David Willingham September 8th 2009, 6:51 pm

Thanks!! I guess I will be ok. My chassis builder wants to build a nice chain drive. I guess I'll let him proceed.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon September 8th 2009, 6:57 pm

David Willingham wrote:Thanks!! I guess I will be ok. My chassis builder wants to build a nice chain drive. I guess I'll let him proceed.
If you are still unsure, you might send an e-mail or call your local tech inspector just to be sure. Cool
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE September 8th 2009, 8:37 pm

If you decide to use more than the "normal" number (2) of the steering shaft U-joints that are usually seen on a lot of door cars it shouldn't be a problem. But when you add more & more joints additional bushing supports supporting the increased number of steering shaft sections is needed to keep the whole assembly from flopping around.

I remember the last time this problem was discussed & you posted pics on the other site. But I don't think I saved any of the pics, can you post them again to refresh the brain cells?
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down