BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip

+41
69F100
blown473
BigBlockRanger
gdog
jbozzelle
bigblockfox468
IDT-572
Gary Varney
jasonf
lghting94
72mav
Bsherry
TravisRice
bruno
richter69
c.evans
56Tbird
bluef100fe
racerk_2000
KY JELLY
knrclark
Yoeman
90hatch460
res0rli9
Paxton Dan
ThndrChkn
chuck hockenberry
Dave Maxwell
maverick
342g
schmitty
QtrWarrior
billandlori
Lonewolf1970
Nevs
the Coug
John I.
David Willingham
the1969fordguyinky
bbf-falcon
D. Sea
45 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 6 Empty Re: Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip

Post  56Tbird December 1st 2009, 11:52 am

I know Coug ,I've sat in it too...kinda lets you know how Les & Gerry feel when they go anywhere and have to get a Booster seat Twisted Evil Very Happy
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 6 Empty Re: Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip

Post  the Coug December 1st 2009, 11:54 am

What a Face yeah just think if they sat in his car the would just barely get their feet hanging over the edge and have 3 ft to the peddles...... take a big block of wood for them to reach it....... Laughing

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird December 1st 2009, 11:56 am

More like a set of stilts affraid
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonewolf1970 December 7th 2009, 12:44 am

Coug you and Dan need to stop picking on the handicap. Razz At the NMRA race in BG Dan got in my car and it looked like a little kid about 4 years old setting in there.Someone oiled down the track and Dan took a nap in my car.Now for new update me and Damon went down to Bill's house today to help him sit the new body over on the frame.I am very happy how everything fit on the frame.There is a couple of places Bill said that needs to be trimmed up too make the body fit the way he wants.But all in all everything looks great.Damon and Bill both took pictures of everything and should be up on here in the next couple of days.I can't wait too see it done.Its going to turn alot of peoples heads.Thanks again Bill and everyone that has helped out.I can't say it enough.You guys are GREAT!! Very Happy
Lonewolf1970
Lonewolf1970

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 7th 2009, 10:17 am

Can't wait to see it Chuck. Is it going to sit low? I looked for a fuel cell at Columbus but all I seen was a 10 gal. and he thought it was lined w/gold.
Are you going to use headers that run inside or outside the frame? LiL Tweety's run outside and it opens up alot of room for oil pan removal,starter,header removal,and the use of a engine diaper. And lastly what parts do you still need? Glad it's coming together Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea December 7th 2009, 12:54 pm

Rick,

I need to update the list again however not much has changed since the last update as far as parts. WE really need the fuel cell or at least the measurements so I may have to go ahead and buy one. We need a 5 gallon aluminum cell. Chuck and Bill were talking about an aluminum fuel cell from ART? I haven't looked into it yet.

I haven't downloaded my pictures yet but looks like Bill has. I'll list them on the build thread

https://www.429-460.com/proven-builds-f4/chuck-s-1970-mustang-the-rebuild-t1653.htm
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 7th 2009, 1:28 pm

I personally like a Alum. fuel cell over plastic and foam. But thats just me.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea December 14th 2009, 1:08 pm

Chuck,

Santa Brandon sent a present to you. It's under the Christmas Tree What a Face

Santa Fabio is sending you another Present that should be here shortly cheers

Merry Christmas Big Guy!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea December 21st 2009, 4:12 pm

Santa Fabio's gift arrived Friday.

Merry Christmas Chuck, it's at the house anytime you are in the neighborhood What a Face

On a side note; Suzzane, Chuck's sister, says she likes gifts too Razz
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird December 21st 2009, 4:25 pm

Well.................. Twisted Evil bounce king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 January 3rd 2010, 9:22 pm

Damon or Chuck can ether of you post some pics of the header collectors that blowen473 gave you I would like to see how the evac is welded in it.I need to weld one in my headers just want to make sure I am on the right track.

Thanks Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea January 4th 2010, 12:53 pm

Not the same collectors but very similar, here's a few pictures of mine when I first put it together.

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 6 TrannyinCar35

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 6 Headerscoated33

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 6 HeadersCoated32

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 6 C4andcollectorturndowns2
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 January 4th 2010, 6:45 pm

Thanks Damon that is what I was thinking would it be to much trouble to see what degree it is set at and post it it looks to be aroung 45* it is sitting just want it to pull good.

Thanks Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea January 5th 2010, 1:22 pm

Yep, they are cut at a 45 degree angle for welding into your collectors. Best place to place them is on top however that's just not possible in a Fox Body scratch
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 January 6th 2010, 11:57 pm

Damon

I am to lasy to read all the posts, is there a list of what Chuck will need to finish up?
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea January 7th 2010, 12:53 pm

IDT-572 wrote:Damon

I am to lasy to read all the posts, is there a list of what Chuck will need to finish up?

Too much to list, I'll have to update it but here's what I have on the excel file

1 Strut type front suspension
2 Shifter Cable
3 Fuel Cell: 5 or 8 gallon Brandon Reid
4 Fuel Pressure Gage
5 Oil Pressure Accumulator & Solenoid
6 Drag Chute, release cable and handle M. Stevens donated a chute
7 Crank Case Evac System
8 Window Net
9 Two Batteries: Optima type
10 Safety Belts:
11 Oil pan & Pickup: Rear sump
12 Trans cooler: stacked w/fan & thermostat
13 Glide tail shaft housing and possibly the case. Coug
14 Wheelie Bars Steve Neville "Nevs"
15 Push-Pull On/Off battery disconnect Travis Rice
16 Header flanges - TFS Streets & 2 1/8 - 2 1/4 tubing plus collectors to make custom headers Charlie Evans
17 Fan(s) for radiator: First we need to measure radiator sent by Rick Brown

13-Nov

18 Rack and Pinion
19 Coil Over Rear Shocks
20 Wheels Front Wheels: Jon Faubion
21 Slicks 32 X 14
22 Engine Plate - Front: D. Willingham?
23 4-Link Brackets
24 3/4" LH Tap
25 Master Cylinder
26 Rear Brake Caliper Brackets - Need to get a drawing
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs January 7th 2010, 1:33 pm

D. Sea wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:Damon

Too much to list, I'll have to update it but here's what I have on the excel file

1 Strut type front suspension
2 Shifter Cable
3 Fuel Cell: 5 or 8 gallon Brandon Reid
4 Fuel Pressure Gage
5 Oil Pressure Accumulator & Solenoid
6 Drag Chute, release cable and handle M. Stevens donated a chute
7 Crank Case Evac System
8 Window Net
9 Two Batteries: Optima type
10 Safety Belts:
11 Oil pan & Pickup: Rear sump
12 Trans cooler: stacked w/fan & thermostat
13 Glide tail shaft housing and possibly the case. Coug
14 Wheelie Bars Steve Neville "Nevs"
15 Push-Pull On/Off battery disconnect Travis Rice
16 Header flanges - TFS Streets & 2 1/8 - 2 1/4 tubing plus collectors to make custom headers Charlie Evans
17 Fan(s) for radiator: First we need to measure radiator sent by Rick Brown

13-Nov

18 Rack and Pinion
19 Coil Over Rear Shocks
20 Wheels Front Wheels: Jon Faubion
21 Slicks 32 X 14
22 Engine Plate - Front: D. Willingham?
23 4-Link Brackets
24 3/4" LH Tap
25 Master Cylinder
26 Rear Brake Caliper Brackets - Need to get a drawing

Damon,
I can fix you up with a fuel pressure gauge as well. I've got an Autometer Sport Comp with the isolator and the hoses, etc. I'll bring it to the tech seminar if you want it. Let me know.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea January 7th 2010, 1:35 pm

Sure thing, bring it and if we can't use it, I'll send it back. That goes for all donations

Thanks guys!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 6 Empty crank case evac

Post  dr's wife racing January 7th 2010, 5:39 pm

Do you still need one, I think I have a a new one out in the shop some where, PM me if you do and I,ll look it up. Ward
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 January 7th 2010, 8:11 pm

Thanks Damon for the info on the evac tube mine will have to be in the side as they are tucked tight under the cab for ground clearance
Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea January 8th 2010, 1:09 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:Do you still need one, I think I have a a new one out in the shop some where, PM me if you do and I,ll look it up. Ward

Ward,

Need one?

Are you guys (you and Cole) going to the tech seminar?
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 February 14th 2010, 1:09 am

any updates yet
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea February 16th 2010, 4:05 pm

Snow........

Chuck said he's going to drop the rear out of the old car tomorrow.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs February 28th 2010, 11:44 pm

Just happened across this and figured i would ask if you guys are still taking donations?
I dont have much but i doubt i will be on the track anytime soon so maybe some of my money can go elsewhere to someone that can put it to use soon.
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea March 1st 2010, 1:14 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:Just happened across this and figured i would ask if you guys are still taking donations?
I dont have much but i doubt i will be on the track anytime soon so maybe some of my money can go elsewhere to someone that can put it to use soon.

Always and thanks to you and EVERYONE involved Cool

I'll shoot you a PM
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next