BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip

+41
69F100
blown473
BigBlockRanger
gdog
jbozzelle
bigblockfox468
IDT-572
Gary Varney
jasonf
lghting94
72mav
Bsherry
TravisRice
bruno
richter69
c.evans
56Tbird
bluef100fe
racerk_2000
KY JELLY
knrclark
Yoeman
90hatch460
res0rli9
Paxton Dan
ThndrChkn
chuck hockenberry
Dave Maxwell
maverick
342g
schmitty
QtrWarrior
billandlori
Lonewolf1970
Nevs
the Coug
John I.
David Willingham
the1969fordguyinky
bbf-falcon
D. Sea
45 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 2 Empty Re: Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip

Post  D. Sea October 9th 2009, 11:58 am

I just sent out an e-mail to everyone on my BBF Registry with all the information. If you don't receive the message via e-mail, please let me know and I'll try again.

Thanks again for all your support.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 2 Empty Re: Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip

Post  Paxton Dan October 9th 2009, 12:57 pm

Im in,
Damon i'll talk to you off line.

Hang in there Chuck you'll be back behind the wheel come spring!
Paxton Dan
Paxton Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  342g October 9th 2009, 3:10 pm

Damon, I never got the e-mail, please try again.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 9th 2009, 3:19 pm

342g wrote:Damon, I never got the e-mail, please try again.

Sent it again

Thanks
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 October 9th 2009, 4:08 pm

Damon, I didnt get the Email.

Keith... email... cobra_jet460@hotmail.com

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 9th 2009, 4:42 pm

res0rli9 wrote:Damon, I didnt get the Email.

Keith... email... cobra_jet460@hotmail.com

Keith,

Sent it again, could be slow getting to you. I'll PM you the information as well.

Thanks
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 October 9th 2009, 4:58 pm

got them both thanks Cool

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick October 9th 2009, 5:19 pm

Chuck and Damon......Looks like you could probably use an electric fan. I have a 16" fan for you if you can use it.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  90hatch460 October 9th 2009, 5:58 pm

Hey Chuck, Glad to see you made it through that nasty whack on the wall at BG. I really don't know any of you guys but I am a Ford fanatic and love drag racing. I have a 460 short block (stock block that looks like it is in pretty good shape) that you can have or auction off. Either way I don't care.

I have been wanting to build a big block car for a couple of years now. I had a 90 roller chassis that I was going to drop my 460 into but I sold the car in a moment of stupidity. Anyhow I do have a fairly awesome 89 fastback that that I have built which is powered by a 500HP SBF 347 that I campaign locally when I can.

Anyhow lemme know if you can use my short block. Best regards, John
90hatch460
90hatch460

http://www.rdracing.com/Rods/89%20Mustang/89%20Mustang.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoeman October 9th 2009, 6:28 pm

Damn, that was a hard hit! I'm sure glad you're doing okay!!! I'm tapped myself, and I don't have much in the way of parts either, but
I'll drop something in the paypal account, and see what I can scare up as far as parts that may be useful.
Yoeman
Yoeman

Back to top Go down

Post  342g October 9th 2009, 8:05 pm

Yoeman wrote:Damn, that was a hard hit! I'm sure glad you're doing okay!!! I'm tapped myself, and I don't have much in the way of parts either, but
I'll drop something in the paypal account, and see what I can scare up as far as parts that may be useful.

Yoeman, come down to e.w. Sunday, we are having hot rod races, plus a regular bracket race, I grilling dogs and burgers for some of the guys that help me out, so you are invited , so is anyone else that wants to show up. cheers
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g October 9th 2009, 8:08 pm

D. Sea wrote:Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip.

As many of you already know, Chuck experienced an unfortunate accident at the NMRA World Finals on October 3rd 2009. During the 3rd round of qualifying Chuck’s 1970 Mustang crossed the centerline after the ¼ mile marker and hit the wall. The body & frame look to be a total loss. Hopefully we can save the drive train.

Many of you have asked “What can I do to help”. This thread will be dedicated to helping Hard Luck Chuck get back on the track before next spring. That night I decided that if/when I win this race, I would donate the winnings to getting Chuck back on the track. Unfortunately I didn’t win however I’ll start by donating my quarter finals check to the Chuckathon. It’s not much, but it’s a start and every little bit helps.

You guys can help with Donations: Monetary, Parts and Time. Every little bit helps. Tracy (The CEO) and I (The Court Jester) will handle the collection of donations and when the goals are met, we will take the necessary steps to acquire what is needed to complete this project. I’ll create another spreadsheet to track what is received, who donated what etc…

At this time, we would like to purchase Randy Moore’s (KY Mustang) 1970 Mustang roller. See pictures below.

Man, I would like to have that mustang, Chuck you want a cougar? Very Happy Very Happy

https://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa124/randykymustang/70%20Mustang/

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 2 March2009061

If you would like to donate funds to the Chuckathon please let me know via PM, phone or e-mail. I’ll send you my mailing address if you would like to send a Check or money order. I also have a paypal account. Remember, every little bit helps, even if it’s only $5 or as much as $100+. It’s totally up to you.

I’ll also list items that we need i.e. parts for the race car. This weekend I’ll start making a list of what we need like: Aluminum Radiator, Fan, Stacked Trans cooler etc…

Randy Moore is donating labor and time: Fabrication and Installation.
Dan Hobbs is donating labor and time: Paint
I’ll be donating funds, labor and time: Fabrication and Installation.
Tracy will be donating funds, labor and time.

A few people have already donated a few bucks. Wes and his wife (NMRA Open Comp Racers) gave Chuck $50 and said “It’s not much but it’s a start”

Feel free to post ideas, advice or whatever. I’ll create another thread in the build up section so you guys can follow the progress from accident to creation and post replies.

Chuck, Eddie, Sue, Tracy and I thank you for your support.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 2 Empty I'm in

Post  knrclark October 10th 2009, 1:59 am

Damon,

Thanks for helping Chuck out, you always have the best ideas.

Chuck,

Glad you are OK man, that was a hard hit. Count me in also for some funding. When I get Damon's address I'll get a check in the mail. Good luck and hope to see you and the new ride at the 2010 Bash.

Kerry Clark from Arkansas
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs October 10th 2009, 7:08 am

D. Sea wrote:I just sent out an e-mail to everyone on my BBF Registry with all the information. If you don't receive the message via e-mail, please let me know and I'll try again.

Thanks again for all your support.

Damon,
I got your e-mail. Thanks Exclamation Cool
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonewolf1970 October 11th 2009, 11:06 am

And so it begins!Me and Damon went down too the shop yesterday and started cutting the motor and tranny out of my car.Both motor and tranny are out.The motor seems to be fine we turned it over to undo the tranny .We are going too pull the pan off and check out the mains and rod bearings.I will need a new pan mine has a nice dent in the front of it.The tranny is another story.I will need a new tail shaft housing mine is cracked. Mad We also got all the gauges,the shifter,and the switch panel out.The only thing left in the car is my MSD box and two step.We plan on cutting the rear end out later on this winter.The only thing I didn't like was Damon cutting on my car with the fire wrench. Sad Mad He was having way to much fun! I asked him why was he smiling so much and he said he was having so much fun with the fire wrench. Twisted Evil I told him I'm glad one of us is cause your killing me. Sad Again I want to say thanks to everyone who is helping me out to get back on the track.It means alot to my family and Damon and Tracy!You guys are great!!
Lonewolf1970
Lonewolf1970

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY October 11th 2009, 5:27 pm

Chuck and Damon I posted the story on http://www.midsouthracers.com/forum/index.php?topic=18430.0

just wanted you guys to know there are some very kind members there wanting to help out. I posted Damon's contact feel free to visit the site ,very nice bunch of southern racers on that site .

Chuck my old mustang only weighs about 2660 without driver with iron heads might want to switch to glide Cool .
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell October 12th 2009, 4:11 am

i have a block that you can have. it came out of a 76 mercury. not sure on year of it or if it is even desirable block.
i have the whole engine for that matter. the heads are probably not a desirable year either.
you can have it all if you want.

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug October 12th 2009, 5:38 am

Chuck I had a big Dent in my Pan, I took it to a piece of 2x4 with a Teflon dowl and rolled it out now it looks good as new....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  racerk_2000 October 12th 2009, 7:32 am

Hey Chuck & Damon,
Not sure if I have anything that you need. I never got the list, and I wont be back home till spring. The only parts I can get my hands on over here in Iraq are for Black Hawk and Apache Helicopters, I doubt that they would fit. Then again... we have an engine that was down on power that we just pulled, only made 1450 HP affraid , but the exhaust system would be a bitch and I'm sure the army wants to rebuild it. Laughing Laughing

Glad to hear that you are doing alright. That car looks sharp. I wanted it but the CFO, My wife, said "NO, you already have too much stuff". Let me know if I can help.

Still stuck in Kirkuk Iraq,
Kevin

racerk_2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs October 12th 2009, 7:59 am

Still stuck in Kirkuk Iraq,
Kevin

Thanks for everything you do Kevin. Be safe and come home soon!
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bluef100fe October 12th 2009, 11:18 am

Damon I got your email about the chuckathon. Awaiting the needed parts list that you guys are putting together. If I don't have anything you guys can use I'll make a monitary donation. Get'R'done.
bluef100fe
bluef100fe

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 12th 2009, 12:14 pm

Here's some pictures from Saturday's Surgery... And yes I did have fun torching the car Muahahahaha...............

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 2 P1010003

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 2 P1010005

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 2 P1010010

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 2 P1010011

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 2 P1010012

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 2 P1010022

There are MANY more pictures, follow this link.

https://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466/BBF%20Forum%20Members/Chuck%2070%20Mustang/

I'm going to start a new thread when I get the chance, from crash to rebuild.

I have a list, I'll get it typed up ASAP and thanks for all your help guys.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 12th 2009, 3:26 pm

We have a Howe's Aluminum radiator on the way courtesy of Rick Brown, A rebuild kit for the waterpump from Lem Evans and a front engine plate courtesy of David Willingham, just to name a few items already on the way.

Here's a list of some of the items we will need, thanks again for everyone's help.

1 Strut type front suspension
2 Shifter Cable
3 Fuel Cell: 5 or 8 gallon
4 Fuel Pressure Gage
5 Oil Pressure Accumulator & Solenoid
6 Drag Chute, release cable and handle
7 Crank Case Evac System
8 Window Net
9 Two Batteries: Optima type
10 Safety Belts:
11 Oil pan & Pickup: Rear sump
12 Trans cooler: stacked w/fan & thermostat
13 Glide tail shaft housing and possible the case.
14 Wheelie Bars
15 Push-Pull On/Off battery disconnect
16 Header flanges - TFS Streets & 2 1/8 - 2 1/4 tubing plus collectors to make custom headers
17 Fan(s) for radiator: First we need to measure radiator sent by Rick Brown
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori October 12th 2009, 3:35 pm

Ooooo, torches AND a Bobcat, now thats getin at it!!

That sure was a swat on the nose of that car. The engine looks to have made it through OK.

Looks like you folkks are making some great progress. Sure wish I was closer so I could help.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior October 12th 2009, 5:31 pm

Damon /Chuck,

I have a spare chute I'll donate...And a chute cable.. Chute is unused...Was for my old door car , before the piperack...Never got mounted.

I also have a Moroso Crankcase evac system...with the breathers and the weld -in pieces for the headers

What is the shipping address ???
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next