BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip

+41
69F100
blown473
BigBlockRanger
gdog
jbozzelle
bigblockfox468
IDT-572
Gary Varney
jasonf
lghting94
72mav
Bsherry
TravisRice
bruno
richter69
c.evans
56Tbird
bluef100fe
racerk_2000
KY JELLY
knrclark
Yoeman
90hatch460
res0rli9
Paxton Dan
ThndrChkn
chuck hockenberry
Dave Maxwell
maverick
342g
schmitty
QtrWarrior
billandlori
Lonewolf1970
Nevs
the Coug
John I.
David Willingham
the1969fordguyinky
bbf-falcon
D. Sea
45 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 3 Empty Re: Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip

Post  56Tbird October 12th 2009, 6:15 pm

Damon ,I've got a tailshaft housing and can cut down a case ,and switch it all out for Chuckles..I just used my last case this week on my Mustang....Plus the paint job is on me if we can get the paint donated Cool
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 3 Empty Re: Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip

Post  c.evans October 12th 2009, 6:34 pm

Hey guys,

I have been out of town for 9 days with this EMC thing,, then the Jegs SuperQuick 32 race with Kristina Lawyer, Saturday & Sunday at Indy,, then a day at Rose Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute making plans for the Winter Tech Seminar. I am sorry I have not been on the internet during any of that time.

What the Band of Brothers is doing for Chuck is a good thing, and I'm proud of you all. I have new set of Jon Thee header flanges for the TFS Street heads that I'll donate to the cause, and likely there will be more when I think of something.

Best wishes Chuck Exclamation

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs October 12th 2009, 7:18 pm

Damon,
I've got some chrome wheelie bars. Not sure on the center to center dimensions, but I can measure them. They are about 60" from axle housing center to wheelie bar wheel center. How soon do you need them, I could bring them to the tech seminar this winter, or I can ship them. Let me know.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 12th 2009, 8:25 pm

Nev's, Thats a good idea. Bringing parts to the T Seminar to save shipping for everyone.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 12th 2009, 9:44 pm

I may be able to fix you up on the header deal...............I'll know for sure say here in a few weeks..........................

edit; looks like Charlie beat me too it..........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno October 12th 2009, 10:25 pm

ive got a fan for you guys

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 13th 2009, 12:03 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:Damon /Chuck,

I have a spare chute I'll donate...And a chute cable.. Chute is unused...Was for my old door car , before the piperack...Never got mounted.

I also have a Moroso Crankcase evac system...with the breathers and the weld -in pieces for the headers

What is the shipping address ???

PMed you my address and thanks Mike! Tracy and Chuck have told me that I will be putting a chute on my car over the winter, maybe Santa Tracy will bring me one for Christmas What a Face
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 13th 2009, 12:04 pm

56Tbird wrote:Damon ,I've got a tailshaft housing and can cut down a case ,and switch it all out for Chuckles..I just used my last case this week on my Mustang....Plus the paint job is on me if we can get the paint donated Cool

Thanks Dan-O, maybe someone can donate some "Chuck" Blue paint Cool
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 13th 2009, 12:05 pm

c.evans wrote:Hey guys,

I have been out of town for 9 days with this EMC thing,, then the Jegs SuperQuick 32 race with Kristina Lawyer, Saturday & Sunday at Indy,, then a day at Rose Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute making plans for the Winter Tech Seminar. I am sorry I have not been on the internet during any of that time.

What the Band of Brothers is doing for Chuck is a good thing, and I'm proud of you all. I have new set of Jon Thee header flanges for the TFS Street heads that I'll donate to the cause, and likely there will be more when I think of something.

Best wishes Chuck Exclamation

Uncle Charlie

Much appreciated Charlie. Randy (KY) called me last night and said that a set of headers do come with the car for a CJ type head. We may still have to make a set, it all depends on where we put the engine.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 13th 2009, 12:07 pm

Nevs wrote:Damon,
I've got some chrome wheelie bars. Not sure on the center to center dimensions, but I can measure them. They are about 60" from axle housing center to wheelie bar wheel center. How soon do you need them, I could bring them to the tech seminar this winter, or I can ship them. Let me know.

Steve,

We don't need them right away so hold off on shipping until we are ready to start fabbing and THANKS for the donation, it's MUCH appreciated!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 13th 2009, 12:09 pm

bruno wrote:ive got a fan for you guys

Thanks Nick. Kim Smiley also has a fan for us but we need to know the dimensions on the radiator before I ask one of you guys to ship me a fan. Rick, do you know the size of the Howe Radiator?
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 13th 2009, 12:14 pm

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 13th 2009, 3:32 pm

Damon, I plan on sending it out friday on my Dayoff, But I will give you the measurements tomorrow if I can think about it. Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 13th 2009, 3:34 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Damon, I plan on sending it out friday on my Dayoff, But I will give you the measurements tomorrow if I can think about it. Rolling Eyes

No big hurry Rick, the measurements will work good for now so we can see who's fan will work best. Thanks!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 13th 2009, 3:36 pm

Damon, What type of front susp. is in the car. If it has a rack you will need a rear sump pan.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 13th 2009, 3:38 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Damon, What type of front susp. is in the car. If it has a rack you will need a rear sump pan.

It does have a rack however we will most likely strut the front end like KY's car, time will tell.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug October 13th 2009, 5:36 pm

Damon I have 2 new 3 ft B&M shifter cables when you need them, I will check for guages and other stuff later...

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 14th 2009, 11:58 am

the Coug wrote:Damon I have 2 new 3 ft B&M shifter cables when you need them, I will check for guages and other stuff later...

Randy

Thanks Randy. When we get further along, we will find out where the shifter goes compared to the tranny etc...
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 15th 2009, 9:13 pm

Damon,
Brandon,is coming up Wednesday and picking up the Radiator to bring to you and Chuck.I have a 8 qt. FS, and Truck /fox body pan if you need one I will send it. Just let me know if you need one of them Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice October 15th 2009, 9:37 pm

Damon, I have a cut off switch.

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 16th 2009, 12:30 pm

Rick,

Thanks a bunch! I think we will need a rear sump or maybe a chassis pan but not for sure at this time.

Travis,

Yes we still need a shut off switch, is it a push pull deal?

Thanks
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 17th 2009, 5:14 am

Damon,
The Rad. measures 20" H x 26 W and the Fin W for the fans is 22 3/8. We had this radiator in a 68 FB

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 19th 2009, 2:59 pm

Redline Randy Conway, Bruce Sherry, and Mike Stevens...

Received your donation via US Mail over the weekend. Thank you VERY much!

Bill Mitchell, a friend and sponsor, who does chassis work is going to come over to the shop next weekend and give me his expert opinion. He seems to think that we may be able to salvage Chuck's car and just build a new round tube frame for the body. Of course we will need to replace the drivers side quarter plus get fiberglass doors and front end.

I'll keep you guys posted and thanks again for all the help!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Bsherry October 19th 2009, 4:24 pm

Damon,

It would be great if Bill and company could save Chuck's car!

I hate to see such a classic car go to the scrap yard Sad

Good luck.

Bruce
Bsherry
Bsherry
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior October 19th 2009, 7:39 pm

Bsherry wrote:Damon,

It would be great if Bill and company could save Chuck's car!

I hate to see such a classic car go to the scrap yard Sad

Good luck.

Bruce

Amen, Rebuild it..if you can..
Also, Damon...watch for the Big Brown Truck tomorrow... santa
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next