BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip

+41
69F100
blown473
BigBlockRanger
gdog
jbozzelle
bigblockfox468
IDT-572
Gary Varney
jasonf
lghting94
72mav
Bsherry
TravisRice
bruno
richter69
c.evans
56Tbird
bluef100fe
racerk_2000
KY JELLY
knrclark
Yoeman
90hatch460
res0rli9
Paxton Dan
ThndrChkn
chuck hockenberry
Dave Maxwell
maverick
342g
schmitty
QtrWarrior
billandlori
Lonewolf1970
Nevs
the Coug
John I.
David Willingham
the1969fordguyinky
bbf-falcon
D. Sea
45 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 4 Empty Re: Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip

Post  D. Sea October 20th 2009, 12:10 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:
Bsherry wrote:Damon,

It would be great if Bill and company could save Chuck's car!

I hate to see such a classic car go to the scrap yard Sad

Good luck.

Bruce

Amen, Rebuild it..if you can..
Also, Damon...watch for the Big Brown Truck tomorrow... santa

Has Brown done something for me? lol!

Thanks, you are a TRUE friend!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 4 Empty Re: Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip

Post  72mav October 20th 2009, 6:36 pm

X2 on saving the ole girl.
Just hate to see one go down the tubes.
Should be able to go that route. IMO.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice October 20th 2009, 6:53 pm

Damon,
I am going to look around this weekend here. I don't have much stuff that is on your list. BUT ............... I have some stuff that I could send you guys and if you want to sell it off the profits all yours ????????

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior October 20th 2009, 7:57 pm

D. Sea wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:
Bsherry wrote:Damon,

It would be great if Bill and company could save Chuck's car!

I hate to see such a classic car go to the scrap yard Sad

Good luck.

Bruce

Amen, Rebuild it..if you can..
Also, Damon...watch for the Big Brown Truck tomorrow... santa

Has Brown done something for me? lol!

Thanks, you are a TRUE friend!

LOL, Yup Brown will do something, or rather has done something for you...
Dee sent Chuck something "special", in the box..lol make sure he gets it... Laughing
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 21st 2009, 12:06 pm

Travis,

Good talking to you the other evening, thanks for the call and thanks for anything you can donate. We will update the list in the near future when Bill takes a good look at the car.

Mike,

Got it yesterday, if I had know there was something "Special" for Chuck, I would have opend the package ASAP! I'll look into it tonight and THANKS for the chute! You and Dee are AWESOME!

Update:

As of today, We've raised $1400 so far and more is coming in every day. Along with your parts donations, we can start re-construction of Chuck's Baby very soon.

Thanks again for ALL your help!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 22nd 2009, 5:08 am

Damon,
Brandon came up last evening and picked up the radiator. I may have some more things,will have to see what you need later. Brandon and I had a good chat, and he is a fine young man.
Brandon, Thanks for picking it up.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 22nd 2009, 12:10 pm

Rick,

I spoke with Brandon again last night and I agree, he's A1 in my book! Thank you for the Radiator and Thank you Brandon for bringing it down to MP Dragway Saturday.

One more piece to the puzzle Cool
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Chuckathon: Help Chuck get back onto the Dragstrip - Page 4 Empty 9" Housing needed

Post  D. Sea October 22nd 2009, 12:54 pm

After talking with Bill, we need a stock 9” ford housing. We need to narrow the housing we have now in Chuck’s car, it’s still stock length from what I can tell. So instead, we will just sale his housing, empty, with the brace, brackets and ladder bars. Then build a new housing. I can get two complete rears from the cars I salvaged the Big Blocks from but they are up on a hill on Sammy’s farm and I would need to take my bobcat and torches to cut them out. Should have done that last summer but we were out of room and time because Sammy was going to crush the cars for scrap…….. Well in true Sammy fashion, they are still on the hill Razz

So if by chance, any of you guys have an empty 9” housing lying around and would like to donate it to the cause, please let me know………

Thanks!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 October 22nd 2009, 2:24 pm

Damon I have a 9" housing you all can have it has no brackets or anything on it and it is the old style.

Last edited by lghting94 on October 22nd 2009, 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf October 22nd 2009, 2:45 pm

Is that your shop you guys are working in Damon? It looks pretty nice from the pics. I put in some expenses at work and when I get paid for that I am gonna send you a few bucks to help out Chuck. I wish I could do more but I have only worked 7 days in the last two months. I wish I was closer cuz I sure wouldn't mind helping out.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 22nd 2009, 3:06 pm

Todd,

Thanks a BUNCH! We may just swing by there an pick it up. I'll let Chuck know ASAP.

Jason,

Yep that's my shop. It's a little messy right now..... Well it's a LOT messy right now...... But we will organize it when we start reassembly of whichever car we rebuild. Bill wants to bring over his tubing bender so I need to clear out a spot up front so we can bolt it to the floor. This will be a fun project What a Face
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Varney October 22nd 2009, 4:09 pm

Damon, if I recall correctly (which is always questionable with me) I did narrow that housing some, i am not 100% sure but you might want to measure it if it matters to who ever you sell it to. Hope you can save old blue, that thing has kicked alotta butt in its racing life. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Gary

Gary Varney

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 22nd 2009, 4:34 pm

Gary Varney wrote:Damon, if I recall correctly (which is always questionable with me) I did narrow that housing some, i am not 100% sure but you might want to measure it if it matters to who ever you sell it to. Hope you can save old blue, that thing has kicked alotta butt in its racing life. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Gary

Thanks Gary. I'll put a measuring tape on the rear, I know the wheels are offset in quite a ways. Maybe you narrowed it 2" on each side? Regardless, we will most likely move the wheels in with 15 X 14's and then move the offset back out towards the middle of the wheel. IF we can save ole blue... That's the million dollar question that will be answered next weekend What a Face
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 22nd 2009, 4:35 pm

lghting94 wrote:Damon I have a 9" housing you all can have it has no brackets or anything on it and it is the old style.

Todd,

When you say "Old Style" is it the smooth backed rear that is pre 65 or does it have the hump in the back that is 66 and up?

Thanks
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 October 22nd 2009, 9:31 pm

Damon I just went out and checked it has the hump back and measures approx 53 inches outside of flange to outside of flange. I have two more wider versions but they still have brackets on them. By the way You just tought me something I didn't know about the smooth back units, the hump backs that are basically round are what I call earlier or light duty, the late model or heavy duty like out of '77 or later trucks are what i use.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 25th 2009, 11:55 pm

Damon ,

I have narrowed lincoln housing tha munchkin can have. Give me a call.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug October 27th 2009, 1:30 am

Damon and Chuck I have a 1970 fastback here I am going to donate to the Chuckathon Pic's are sent to You and Chuck come and get it.......make a sweet tube car......

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 28th 2009, 11:11 pm

Gary Varney wrote:Damon, if I recall correctly (which is always questionable with me) I did narrow that housing some, i am not 100% sure but you might want to measure it if it matters to who ever you sell it to. Hope you can save old blue, that thing has kicked alotta butt in its racing life. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Gary
Gary, Was Chuck's car ever painted Red, back in the day?

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Varney October 29th 2009, 11:06 am

bbf-falcon wrote:
Gary
Gary, Was Chuck's car ever painted Red, back in the day?
Not as far as I know, as long as I had it, it was blue. I do recall a couple of body parts that had looked like they were possibly replaced at some point that had red on them. When I get time I will post a little history on the car from back when it was a 4 speed Cleveland engine car to the big block.
Gary

Gary Varney

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 29th 2009, 10:50 pm

Gary, The reason I ask,is I dug some old pic albums out of the closet and was going through some my old racing pic's from 70/80's and noticed a Mustang at PFCA Ford Nationals at Trails . It looked Identical to Chucks car only it was red. Man, lookin at those photo's sure brought back alot of good memories Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 November 5th 2009, 4:14 pm

Chuck/Damon- Check paypal Very Happy
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea November 5th 2009, 5:42 pm

bigblockfox468 wrote:Chuck/Damon- Check paypal Very Happy

Got it this afternoon, than you VERY much Cool cheers
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle November 5th 2009, 5:53 pm

Damon,

One suggestion. Could you edit the first post in this thread to include the parts list. That would make it easy for us to see what you guys need.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice November 5th 2009, 6:42 pm

Damon,
Please PM me your mailing address.
Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea November 6th 2009, 4:07 pm

jbozzelle wrote:Damon,

One suggestion. Could you edit the first post in this thread to include the parts list. That would make it easy for us to see what you guys need.

John, Done. Thanks for the suggestion Cool

Travis, PM Sent and thanks
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next