BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ??

+33
pickem'up sticks
BOSS 429
bcr466
jones
Nevs
scottke
Curt
QtrWarrior
c.evans
Doug Rahn
605FOX
D. Sea
racerk_2000
jsracing
665 falcon
patfromjersey
valleydawg
Tony M
Treeyasoon
Lem Evans
61coon
NOS42
the1969fordguyinky
bbf-falcon
dr's wife racing
342g
IDT-572
KY JELLY
the Coug
richter69
stangr8cr
56Tbird
bruno
37 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ?? - Page 8 Empty Re: heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ??

Post  bruno March 8th 2010, 8:34 am

c.evans wrote:
bruno wrote:and all i wanted was to organize a heads up class scratch

Nick,

Believe me, it is hard to do. We've been through this before and you will have guys say;

1. Stock suspension, 3300 lbs., no power adders, full stock interior, must have working headlights and taillights, must be licensed and driven in the gate.
2. Stock suspension, 3300 lbs., no power adders, max 10.5" tire.
3. Stock suspension, 3300 lbs., one power adder, max 10.5 tire.
4. Back halved, 3100 lbs., no power adder, max 10.5 tire, must have working headlights and tailights, must be licensed and driven in the gate.
5. Back halved, 3100 lbs., one power adder, any size slick, no wheelie bars.
6. Back halved, 3100 lbs., one power adder, any size slick, wheelie bars okay.
7. Tube chassis door cars okay, max 10.5 slick, no power adders, no wheelie bars.

The list goes on & on, but everybody requests a set of rules, that best meets the criteria of their car. So it is very hard to determine a set of heads up rules that makes everybody happy. The weight differences of all the various door cars is especially a "sticking point".

So for right now, if anybody wants to grudge race or match race against anybody else, I'm thinking the best thing to do is pair up, and get over in lane 5 and we run you through on Friday. As always, the final decision on this needs to be whatever Phillip says.

Charlie

Charlie i completely understand were you are coming from an im not trying to step on anybodys toes and i do know Phillip is the deciding factor but, i was just trying to find a way to draw more cars to the event ....thats all ...... this is a all ford event why dont we have some kind of a Big Block VS. Small Block deal ....i dont know

i thought last year when Damon started pre registration there was going to be a q32 ????? did it ever happen or did i miss something ?

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ?? - Page 8 Empty Re: heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ??

Post  hillbillyerv March 8th 2010, 11:46 am

patfromjersey wrote:
the1969fordguyinky wrote:I dunno... Heads up is heads up.

I know my car can't compete with that, unless of course we only do street legal cars with a 10" tire, license plate, and do a trip to town and back for Burger King! Then I'm kicking ass and taking your fries away!!!

That might be my only shot too Jim! Laughing I think mine is the slowest car at the Bash every year. Very Happy

Very Happy i`ll have my ole truck there Pat so you`ll have somebody to outrun Cool then we can celebrate with one a those cold adult beverages Cool

Last edited by hillbillyerv on March 8th 2010, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : slip o the wrist:))
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ?? - Page 8 Empty Heads up

Post  dr's wife racing March 8th 2010, 12:04 pm

I think some people watch too much nascar.Rules rules rules.I see people on here fussing about this that have not even shown up at this event.This is a FUN event the way it has been is fine.If there are enough cars show up we can have any kind of race we want to.If you want to race a big $$ bracket race or a strictly ruled Orsca heads up type race there are plenty of them out there. I know we have all made so much money with our racecar's that we lose sight of this concept of rcing for fun.This is one weekend a yr. that all of the above put on for us. It does not cost too much for people to come,there is more racing than you can handle most of the time.most cars are resting on their trailors by the time of the weekend bracket race.I know that Bruno was just trying to make it more intresting,but it has turned into such a issue they may not want to do it at all.Reading these post it looks like some people are just looking for a excuse not ot come any way.
What about this.Wait and see what shows up. If there are enough cars be it 6.0 ,5.30 7.0 or a true heads up , every body who wants in throw in 10 or 20 bucks and race for it. There's no reason to even have offical time runs as ther is plenty of track time you to do this on your own.
If everyone keeps argueing and making this more complicated than it has to be Phillip may decide to something more profitable with his race track on the date that he basicaly gives to the people on this site.Have you ever checked into renting a racetrack with crew for the week end? It takes a ton of work from alot of the locals there as well.
I know I'm not making alot of friends here but, do you want to argue like a bunch of crows heckling and talk about being a racer or show and do it! I'm looking for you Damon! bom
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 8th 2010, 12:28 pm

I agree 100%. I'm there for the fun. And alot of it. And of coarse try to keep the Mullet king in line Laughing

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt March 8th 2010, 2:15 pm

Bracket racing includes all cars. Run what you dial. 2 Classes Elec and no E

Our Super Pro track champion last year was a 7.9s-8 flat Ford Maverick. Whoooped up on all of the fast 4 sec. dragsters.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 8th 2010, 2:24 pm

Curt wrote:Bracket racing includes all cars. Run what you dial. 2 Classes Elec and no E

Our Super Pro track champion last year was a 7.9s-8 flat Ford Maverick. Whoooped up on all of the fast 4 sec. dragsters.

When your good....................your good,no matter how fast the car is. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney March 8th 2010, 3:38 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:I think some people watch too much nascar.Rules rules rules.I see people on here fussing about this that have not even shown up at this event.This is a FUN event the way it has been is fine.If there are enough cars show up we can have any kind of race we want to.If you want to race a big $$ bracket race or a strictly ruled Orsca heads up type race there are plenty of them out there. I know we have all made so much money with our racecar's that we lose sight of this concept of rcing for fun.This is one weekend a yr. that all of the above put on for us. It does not cost too much for people to come,there is more racing than you can handle most of the time.most cars are resting on their trailors by the time of the weekend bracket race.I know that Bruno was just trying to make it more intresting,but it has turned into such a issue they may not want to do it at all.Reading these post it looks like some people are just looking for a excuse not ot come any way.
What about this.Wait and see what shows up. If there are enough cars be it 6.0 ,5.30 7.0 or a true heads up , every body who wants in throw in 10 or 20 bucks and race for it. There's no reason to even have offical time runs as ther is plenty of track time you to do this on your own.
If everyone keeps argueing and making this more complicated than it has to be Phillip may decide to something more profitable with his race track on the date that he basicaly gives to the people on this site.Have you ever checked into renting a racetrack with crew for the week end? It takes a ton of work from alot of the locals there as well.
I know I'm not making alot of friends here but, do you want to argue like a bunch of crows heckling and talk about being a racer or show and do it! I'm looking for you Damon! bom
I like this!!! We'll Make it down.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 8th 2010, 3:57 pm

It will be nice to met you Barney Wink

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney March 8th 2010, 4:01 pm

Likewise.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea March 8th 2010, 4:12 pm

You got it Nurse Betty... See you in lane 5 What a Face

I'm not speaking for Phillip but the way he explained it to me last year is if we want to organize a heads up class on Friday then he would be more than happy but WE have to organize the class. So pick a leader and go from there Idea

Last year, the majority of cars were running in the High 5 to low 6 area so I'd start there or do a .400 Index type class like Open Comp or pick your index from a list i.e.

etc....

Let's get ready to rumble!!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ?? - Page 8 Empty heads up

Post  gowie March 8th 2010, 8:37 pm

I like the D.O.T. mufflers, insurance card, and heads up. Just my .02.

gowie

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 March 8th 2010, 10:38 pm

id like to be there
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 8th 2010, 11:04 pm

BOSS 429 wrote:id like to be there

Well then, make it a date. We want to meet ya. All of ya, come on and lets make it the best Bash yet. You don't have to bring your car if it's not running. Just come Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ?? - Page 8 Empty heads up

Post  dr's wife racing March 9th 2010, 11:01 am

Damon I plan to run the 5.50 5.60 5.70 5.80 5.90 and 6.0. Hopefully my car won't be plauged with problems like it was last yr.Who want to try and head up this little part of the show? Question
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the1969fordguyinky March 9th 2010, 11:08 am

gowie wrote:I like the D.O.T. mufflers, insurance card, and heads up. Just my .02.

If enough street cars show up we can set up a 'lil heads up race on Friday.

In fact, we can start a pool right now! I don't even know what you run, but I'll throw in $20!
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 March 9th 2010, 10:41 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:

Well then, make it a date. We want to meet ya. All of ya, come on and lets make it the best Bash yet. You don't have to bring your car if it's not running. Just come Very Happy

id love to bring 1 of mine,but i like heads up stuff, 2 of my guys might show up there, or maybe my torino
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney March 9th 2010, 10:48 pm

Ill be there with Boss429, and would like to see something heads up pro tree, index is fine too, maybe you should get a average of those that want to run heads up through PMs do some math and come up with a index thats the average of the interested group. The Pro tree and track conditions will equalize it enough. Have everyone throw in a few bucks winner take all, loser buys beer.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney March 9th 2010, 10:52 pm

BOSS 429 wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:

id love to bring 1 of mine,but i like heads up stuff, 2 of my guys might show up there, or maybe my torino
Yours should be pretty close by then. it would be a good test session, and I know Fraske will go if he can get away.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans March 10th 2010, 12:59 am

Guys,

I had a chance to talk to Phillip Oakley, and he says we are going to have a Head's Up class on Friday evening. It will be for full bodied race cars on 10.5 tires. I do not know anymore about any rules, and sometime he'll get on here and explain it further. I imagine it will be sort of like a Gamblers race, but I told Phillip that I'd be glad to give some money towards the purse.

Based on what we've seen in the past Blake's 5.67 e.t. has been one of the quickest, but I sure would like to see Joe Mayabb, Doug Rahn, and Leon Mathis & Kevin come and lay down some really good passes.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 10th 2010, 7:57 am

c.evans wrote:Guys,

I had a chance to talk to Phillip Oakley, and he says we are going to have a Head's Up class on Friday evening. It will be for full bodied race cars on 10.5 tires. I do not know anymore about any rules, and sometime he'll get on here and explain it further. I imagine it will be sort of like a Gamblers race, but I told Phillip that I'd be glad to give some money towards the purse.

Based on what we've seen in the past Blake's 5.67 e.t. has been one of the quickest, but I sure would like to see Joe Mayabb, Doug Rahn, and Leon Mathis & Kevin come and lay down some really good passes.

Charlie Evans

hell yeah !!!! 10.5" tire , 3000lbs , full bodied race cars , and run what you brung .... and we know what Joe ran last year in testing .....teens and he should be good enough for some 4.90's this year so yall better have yalls shit together ......... W's dont count Razz .....

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs March 10th 2010, 8:10 am

W's dont count Razz

Don't be a hater on the W's, Nick Exclamation Laughing
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  valleydawg March 10th 2010, 8:21 am

I still like...run what you brung!
valleydawg
valleydawg

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 10th 2010, 9:09 am

just my input on the rules .....

***** 2010 BBF Outlaw Heads UP ****

Class Description -
Full bodied race cars. Cars will qualifiy on a .400 pro tree.

Body -
Stock body lines. Must be stock appearing and have factory floor pan.

Suspension-
Any suspension allowed ...... NO WHEELIE BARS !!!

Engine-
Any engine combo allowed ....BBF or SBF only .... any power adders ....

Tires -
any slick up to a 30 x 10.5 NO "W" TIRES ALLOWED ..Dot tires up to 13.50R-15 allowed , wheel width not to exceed 13" .....Hoosier part# 18192D05 not allowed

"RUN WHAT YAH BRUNG AND HOPE YOU BRUNG ENOUGH"

simple rules and it makes the field a little closer

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 10th 2010, 9:25 am

yeah see the tire thing dicks me.

your gonna have to either get you a dial in board or do an index thing................too small of a gathering to get a full blown heads up deal going.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  the1969fordguyinky March 10th 2010, 9:27 am

bruno wrote:just my input on the rules .....

***** 2010 BBF Outlaw Heads UP ****

Class Description -
Full bodied race cars. Cars will qualifiy on a .400 pro tree.

Body -
Stock body lines. Must be stock appearing and have factory floor pan.

Suspension-
Any suspension allowed ...... NO WHEELIE BARS !!!

Engine-
Any engine combo allowed ....BBF or SBF only .... any power adders ....

Tires -
any slick up to a 30 x 10.5 NO "W" TIRES ALLOWED ..Dot tires up to 13.50R-15 allowed , wheel width not to exceed 13" .....Hoosier part# 18192D05 not allowed

"RUN WHAT YAH BRUNG AND HOPE YOU BRUNG ENOUGH"

simple rules and it makes the field a little closer

Does it have to be blue?
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next