BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ??

+33
pickem'up sticks
BOSS 429
bcr466
jones
Nevs
scottke
Curt
QtrWarrior
c.evans
Doug Rahn
605FOX
D. Sea
racerk_2000
jsracing
665 falcon
patfromjersey
valleydawg
Tony M
Treeyasoon
Lem Evans
61coon
NOS42
the1969fordguyinky
bbf-falcon
dr's wife racing
342g
IDT-572
KY JELLY
the Coug
richter69
stangr8cr
56Tbird
bruno
37 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ?? - Page 10 Empty Re: heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ??

Post  bruno March 10th 2010, 12:41 pm

lmao ........ Curt is just jealous Razz Razz ....chicken-on-a stick lover Razz Razz

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ?? - Page 10 Empty Re: heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ??

Post  Barney March 10th 2010, 12:50 pm

Curt wrote:So, Lets see if I have this right: You leave off the tree, have a predetermined ET , if you breakout the most you loose, if you/your opponent has the best light and is on his/her dial or does a better job at the finish line, that person will win. You drive around to the time shack, smile Very Happy if you get the white and frown Sad if you get the yellow and drive back and put the numbers in the log book. Figure out what difference your car will run prior to the next round and make adjustments from there.

Yeah, sorry, but that is bracket racing. Laughing

This is not bracket racing study : Line up to the car next to you. First one to the finish line without a red light or disqualification wins.
In my mind bracket racing is lining up against a 15 second truck with an 8 second car predicting a sportsman tree and chasing down someone that is already at half track and losing because they dialed .2 slow and hit the brakes at the big end. Indexes have no handicap and you cant change your dial in the heat of the day to compensate, oh and I cant run a single digit index with my tow vehicle if my racecar breaks, but other than that they're exactly the same.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt March 10th 2010, 12:55 pm

Come on Nick, just calling it what it is Laughing . No jealousy here tongue . I used to race ME, SE boats, supergas and supercomp all on a predetermined index. Same thing if you want to call it heads up. Felt like bracket racing to me. Just saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Basketball
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney March 10th 2010, 12:57 pm

Curt wrote:Come on Nick, just calling it what it is Laughing . No jealousy here tongue . I used to race ME, SE boats, supergas and supercomp all on a predetermined index. Same thing if you want to call it heads up. Felt like bracket racing to me. Just saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Basketball
I never said it was the same as heads up, just saying its different than brackets.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt March 10th 2010, 1:06 pm

Barney wrote:predicting a sportsman tree and chasing down someone that is already at half track and losing because they dialed .2 slow and hit the brakes at the big end. Indexes have no handicap and you cant change your dial in the heat of the day to compensate, oh and I cant run a single digit index with my tow vehicle if my racecar breaks, but other than that they're exactly the same.

If you're not doing these things, I can guarantee you, that the guy winning all of the races can and does everything you said you can't. With the exception of running your tow truck. If not, maybe I should buy me a cheap door slammer and start taking candy from the babies. Twisted Evil
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 10th 2010, 1:10 pm

bruno wrote:just my input on the rules .....

***** 2010 BBF Outlaw Heads UP ****

Class Description -
Full bodied race cars. Cars will qualifiy on a .400 pro tree.

Body -
Stock body lines. Must be stock appearing and have factory floor pan.

Suspension-
Any suspension allowed ...... NO WHEELIE BARS !!!

Engine-
Any engine combo allowed ....BBF or SBF only .... any power adders ....

Tires -
any slick up to a 30 x 10.5 NO "W" TIRES ALLOWED ..Dot tires up to 13.50R-15 allowed , wheel width not to exceed 13" .....Hoosier part# 18192D05 not allowed

"RUN WHAT YAH BRUNG AND HOPE YOU BRUNG ENOUGH"

simple rules and it makes the field a little closer

As har as you are trying Nick, I bet you don't win, making your own rules, and you have ruled out everyone but three or four.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney March 10th 2010, 1:15 pm

Curt wrote:
Barney wrote:predicting a sportsman tree and chasing down someone that is already at half track and losing because they dialed .2 slow and hit the brakes at the big end. Indexes have no handicap and you cant change your dial in the heat of the day to compensate, oh and I cant run a single digit index with my tow vehicle if my racecar breaks, but other than that they're exactly the same.

If you're not doing these things, I can guarantee you, that the guy winning all of the races can and does everything you said you can't. With the exception of running your tow truck. If not, maybe I should buy me a cheap door slammer and start taking candy from the babies. Twisted Evil
I cant show up at the track and unload and dial in whatever the car runs that particular day, then when it slows down in the heat change my dial and just keep plugging away. SC and SG are throttle stop/ electronics classes and thats a whole different conversation. Looks like we agree to diagree.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 10th 2010, 1:18 pm

342g wrote:
bruno wrote:just my input on the rules .....

***** 2010 BBF Outlaw Heads UP ****

Class Description -
Full bodied race cars. Cars will qualifiy on a .400 pro tree.

Body -
Stock body lines. Must be stock appearing and have factory floor pan.

Suspension-
Any suspension allowed ...... NO WHEELIE BARS !!!

Engine-
Any engine combo allowed ....BBF or SBF only .... any power adders ....

Tires -
any slick up to a 30 x 10.5 NO "W" TIRES ALLOWED ..Dot tires up to 13.50R-15 allowed , wheel width not to exceed 13" .....Hoosier part# 18192D05 not allowed

"RUN WHAT YAH BRUNG AND HOPE YOU BRUNG ENOUGH"

simple rules and it makes the field a little closer

As har as you are trying Nick, I bet you don't win, making your own rules, and you have ruled out everyone but three or four.

What do you suggest Harold ?

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 10th 2010, 1:19 pm

Looks like some are trying to make it a N.M.R.A. event. Twisted Evil
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney March 10th 2010, 1:31 pm

Its just upposed to be a fun event, IMO it doesnt matter what the rules are. Even if I dont fit them Im still gonna bring the car down and screw around.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 10th 2010, 1:36 pm

342g wrote:Looks like some are trying to make it a N.M.R.A. event. Twisted Evil

who is NMRA scratch ..........

the Bash is always been fun and will never be turned into some politic bs ......... i was just tossing around some ideas ...... but its all up to Phillip in the end guys ........

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ?? - Page 10 Empty heads up

Post  dr's wife racing March 10th 2010, 1:55 pm

That is the National Mud Racer's Association .Bring the cars race have a good time that is what it is all about.If there are enough cars we will have some kind of a race.The only time I fell like I was treated fair was at a heads up street race no power adders when I went thru insp. there was a nos bottle bolted on the transmission hump and no one told me to remove it.That worked out good for me.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  gdog March 10th 2010, 2:09 pm

I'm bringing in the Torino and I'm running Sonoco High Test fuel....Look out boys, got a license to fly.
Thanks,
Gdogger
gdog
gdog
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 10th 2010, 2:29 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:That is the National Mud Racer's Association .Bring the cars race have a good time that is what it is all about.If there are enough cars we will have some kind of a race.The only time I fell like I was treated fair was at a heads up street race no power adders when I went thru insp. there was a nos bottle bolted on the transmission hump and no one told me to remove it.That worked out good for me.

This is true, but at least everyone has a chance to enter a bracket race, I,m not bitching, just stating a fact. Razz Razz
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 10th 2010, 2:39 pm

342g wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:That is the National Mud Racer's Association .Bring the cars race have a good time that is what it is all about.If there are enough cars we will have some kind of a race.The only time I fell like I was treated fair was at a heads up street race no power adders when I went thru insp. there was a nos bottle bolted on the transmission hump and no one told me to remove it.That worked out good for me.

This is true, but at least everyone has a chance to enter a bracket race, I,m not bitching, just stating a fact. Razz Razz

Bracket racing is on Sat Wink

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 10th 2010, 2:41 pm

bruno wrote:
342g wrote:

Bracket racing is on Sat Wink

When is mud racing, when someone goes into the cornfield? cheers
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

heads up class @ the 2010 BBF BASH ?? - Page 10 Empty corn field

Post  dr's wife racing March 10th 2010, 2:59 pm

I hope not.No one needs that ride.
I didn't mean to put the nmra down I've raced open comp. with them a lot of times and enjoy it.They also put on a good show to watch
I just enjoy racing of any kind. heads up, index or bracket racing.I just suck worse at bracket racing.I agree a index is just another type of bracket racing.I hope we can get som type of a true heads run up togather.Other wise we can just resort to calling people out. And yes I will be running the bracket race on sat. What ever is decided is fine with me there is always plenty of action to go around.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 10th 2010, 6:14 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:I hope not.No one needs that ride.
I didn't mean to put the nmra down I've raced open comp. with them a lot of times and enjoy it.They also put on a good show to watch
I just enjoy racing of any kind. heads up, index or bracket racing.I just suck worse at bracket racing.I agree a index is just another type of bracket racing.I hope we can get som type of a true heads run up togather.Other wise we can just resort to calling people out. And yes I will be running the bracket race on sat. What ever is decided is fine with me there is always plenty of action to go around.

I totally agree, if I offended anyone I am truly sorry. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 11th 2010, 10:56 pm

342g wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:I hope not.No one needs that ride.

I totally agree, if I offended anyone I am truly sorry. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

you didnt offend anyone Harold Wink

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon March 11th 2010, 11:28 pm

342g wrote:

Well, actually, you offended me a little............You can make it up though.......just bring some Beer and some "Loose Indiana Girls".....They will LOVE the Bash.
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 14th 2010, 7:32 pm

Treeyasoon wrote:
342g wrote:

Well, actually, you offended me a little............You can make it up though.......just bring some Beer and some "Loose Indiana Girls".....They will LOVE the Bash.

you just bring that yellow banana down ....

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10