BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what kind of hp gain

+8
the Coug
bbf-falcon
Nevs
rmcomprandy
c.evans
Curt
fatal addiction
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what kind of hp gain Empty what kind of hp gain

Post  fatal addiction March 19th 2010, 9:09 am

looking @ putting 2 1250 dominators with tfs intake on my motor what kind of hp gain will this add i know it's just a ruff guess.thanks eric
fatal addiction
fatal addiction

Back to top Go down

what kind of hp gain Empty Re: what kind of hp gain

Post  Curt March 19th 2010, 10:14 am

If you have an all out deal, I would guess 60-75 HP
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans March 19th 2010, 11:18 am

Eric,

You will need to tell us a whole lot more about your combination, in order to get a somewhat valid answer.

As Curt said, if you have an all out big horsepower engine, making an honest 1,070 or so HP, then you might see +60 Hp more. No guarantees on that either.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  fatal addiction March 19th 2010, 11:53 am

4.625 bore
4.5 stroke
16.5 to 1
bullet cam .972lift in .954 ex 288 in 304ex dur.@.050 114 cl
fully ported c-460 heads 2.450 in 1.9ex
thanks eric
fatal addiction
fatal addiction

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt March 19th 2010, 11:54 am

Heck ya, thats what I'm talking about...............

I'm in for 60+ bom
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  fatal addiction March 19th 2010, 12:11 pm

i know it's money well spent but i've never had this thing on the dyno. just never had the extra 500.00 to do it. do u think 1070 is all it makes on 1 1350cfm carb with single plane motorsport intake?

Last edited by fatal addiction on March 19th 2010, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
fatal addiction
fatal addiction

Back to top Go down

Post  fatal addiction March 19th 2010, 12:14 pm

so say it is 60 hp it's going to cost me around 500.00 to put tunnel ram on it thats 8.3333 dollars per 1hp gain thats not to bad??eric
fatal addiction
fatal addiction

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt March 19th 2010, 12:30 pm

IMO $8.33/1 is a crazy good bargain. Smile

However, as Charlie stated, there is no guarantee that you'll get 60.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 19th 2010, 5:42 pm

fatal addiction wrote:i know it's money well spent but i've never had this thing on the dyno. just never had the extra 500.00 to do it. do u think 1070 is all it makes on 1 1350cfm carb with single plane motorsport intake?

If you haven't had the money to put that engine on a dyno and tune it; then you'll NEVER have the money because it just doesn't seem to be any kind of priority for you.
You will probably move forward spending THOUSANDS of dollars on parts which you GUESS would work but never actually know for sure where you were and what exactly helped and what didn't ...
Just my oppinion here; seen it hundreds of times over the years.

Usually it's because a "tinkerer" wants to continue tinkering and when you "know for sure" then there is nothing to continue timkering with.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt March 19th 2010, 7:42 pm

what kind of hp gain Dynopatrol
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  138 March 19th 2010, 9:15 pm

I say take the money and put the engine on a dyno, and gain hp there.. instead of foolin with the dual tunnel contraption

what kind of hp gain Segway_police_use_image-770004

Back to top Go down

Post  fatal addiction March 19th 2010, 9:38 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
fatal addiction wrote:i know it's money well spent but i've never had this thing on the dyno. just never had the extra 500.00 to do it. do u think 1070 is all it makes on 1 1350cfm carb with single plane motorsport intake?

If you haven't had the money to put that engine on a dyno and tune it; then you'll NEVER have the money because it just doesn't seem to be any kind of priority for you.
You will probably move forward spending THOUSANDS of dollars on parts which you GUESS would work but never actually know for sure where you were and what exactly helped and what didn't ...

Usually it's because a "tinkerer" wants to continue tinkering and when you "know for sure" then there is nothing to continue timkering with.
hah u know what it's people like u that makes me hate the computer and asking questions let me tell u something u are a dick u don't know me u don't know how my car runs u don't know anything about me. i don't really need to know how much hp my motor has all i need to know is that i win races when i quit winning races maybe i'll put it on the dyno and see where it's at...as for everbody else thanks for everything and all the replies. i'm not a hard guy to get along with unless u talk bad about me..sorry eric
fatal addiction
fatal addiction

Back to top Go down

Post  138 March 19th 2010, 10:12 pm

dyno IS a four letter word.. I forgot...#%$@ Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs March 19th 2010, 10:16 pm

fatal addiction wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

hah u know what it's people like u that makes me hate the computer and asking questions let me tell u something u are a dick u don't know me u don't know how my car runs u don't know anything about me. i don't really need to know how much hp my motor has all i need to know is that i win races when i quit winning races maybe i'll put it on the dyno and see where it's at...as for everbody else thanks for everything and all the replies. i'm not a hard guy to get along with unless u talk bad about me..sorry eric

You obviously don't know Randy. He's hardly being "a dick". He is however telling you the truth. For $500 you could find gains on the dyno that would be cheaper than a sheetmetal intake and additional carb. It's a shame you need to resort to name calling and can't handle good advise. But as I say in my sig, perception is reality. I guess that's the way you see it. Your loss.

Last edited by Nevs on March 19th 2010, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt March 19th 2010, 10:26 pm

He wouldn't talk to a man that way face to face. If he did, he would get his ass kicked alot. Its pretty easy to be a dick on the computer. Basketball
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  fatal addiction March 19th 2010, 10:36 pm

Nevs wrote:
fatal addiction wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

You obviously don't know Randy. He's hardly being "a dick". He is however telling you the truth. For $500 you could find gains on the dyno that would be cheaper than a sheetmetal intake and additional carb. It's a shame you need to resort to name calling and can't handle good advise. But as I say in my sig, perception is reality. I guess that's the way you see it. Your loss.

well all i have to say is he could of put it in diff. words. i DO like good advice thats why i ask questions..i don't like it when people get on the computer and acts like a dick...eric
fatal addiction
fatal addiction

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 19th 2010, 10:37 pm

Damn long winter anyway Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  fatal addiction March 19th 2010, 10:38 pm

138 wrote:dyno IS a four letter word.. I forgot...#%$@ Mad
??
fatal addiction
fatal addiction

Back to top Go down

Post  fatal addiction March 19th 2010, 10:43 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Damn long winter anyway Rolling Eyes
yes it has i can't wait my first race is the first weekend in may Sad Sad when or has your season started??eric
fatal addiction
fatal addiction

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs March 19th 2010, 10:56 pm

I've read Randys' statement several times and I'm at a loss as to why you're upset with it. Maybe he didn't sugar coat it, but he did speak the truth. Sorry you can't see it. Have a nice season.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug March 19th 2010, 11:05 pm

Nevs wrote:I've read Randys' statement several times and I'm at a loss as to why you're upset with it. Maybe he didn't sugar coat it, but he did speak the truth. Sorry you can't see it. Have a nice season.

I agree.....I am sorry but I find Randy's words pretty much the truth, not what you wanted to hear but the truth just the same.... if you have built and dynoed and worked on as many engines as he has you see it all, from missmatched parts to being a tightwad and not wanting to spend a dollar on something you need, but spending it on some Bling Blng item......that shines....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 19th 2010, 11:16 pm

It's outbursts like that , that is going to have all our good help, not log on, your best bet Mr. Addiction, is go ahead, and put your two carbs on, and go racing, clown clown
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 19th 2010, 11:18 pm

fatal addiction wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:Damn long winter anyway Rolling Eyes
yes it has i can't wait my first race is the first weekend in may Sad Sad when or has your season started??eric

Hopefully, mine will start as soon as my engine is back together and in the car Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt March 19th 2010, 11:19 pm

Since when did someones priorities dictate whether or not they could ask for information on this or any other forum. The reason he asked the question here was for that exact reason, there are many who have had the experience with a BBF 385 series motor. I have never seen a picture of his ride, so I dont know how much bling he has, but base on the build sheet, he spent some big money to get where he is. I can attest to the fact that I too have built many race motors without putting them on the dyno. I would be willing to bet 100% of the other shade trees on here will say the same thing. Eric, I hope that you are succesful with your endevors even if you dont dyno it. If it were mine, I'd put the tunnel ram on it. Basketball

In case you havent noticed, I like bling I love you and big motors with tunnel rams. tongue
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 19th 2010, 11:39 pm

fatal addiction wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

hah u know what it's people like u that makes me hate the computer and asking questions let me tell u something u are a dick u don't know me u don't know how my car runs u don't know anything about me. i don't really need to know how much hp my motor has all i need to know is that i win races when i quit winning races maybe i'll put it on the dyno and see where it's at...as for everbody else thanks for everything and all the replies. i'm not a hard guy to get along with unless u talk bad about
me..sorry eric

You're here ASKING how much power you will gain or lose by using a certain other part on your engine than what you now have ... yet, you don't know how much you have now so, how is anyone supposed to tell you how much something will gain or lose without just guessing.
If you can't take the heat of the truth then that is your prerogative but, I'm going to say those truths whether you or anybody else "likes" it or not.
Have a "Merry Christmas" ...

EDIT: My purpose is solely information and point out some inconsistancies, not to offend anyone however, some people seem to be offended when they don't hear what they WANT to hear.

Last edited by rmcomprandy on March 21st 2010, 11:24 am; edited 2 times in total

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next