BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Bracket Racers

+29
HorsinAround
D. Sea
valleydawg
kim
5pointslow
NOS42
70FB
Lem Evans
rmcomprandy
99zx9r
bigblok2000ranger
Larry T
maverick532
Curt
Dave C.
gmsmkr
cool40
bbf-falcon
richter69
YellowStangDuane
Barney
Dark Horse of Apocalypse
dfree383
bruno
dr's wife racing
maverick
KY JELLY
QtrWarrior
yellowhorse7
33 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

For the Bracket Racers - Page 3 Empty Re: For the Bracket Racers

Post  dr's wife racing August 2nd 2014, 3:17 pm

There are a lot of tracks here where it is pretty common to see several races a night go off for a grand. Most are between a bill and 500. You don't have to be small tires either. Not all grudge races are heads up a lot go off with some type of handicap. You can find a track around here most any weekend running a t&t grudge.  Many times with a bracket or index race. In this economy a track is like every other buissness. They have to do what they can to make money. I know one that even rents to drifters so they can slide around the parking lot. Room for every body if they want to rev a engine.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 2nd 2014, 4:19 pm

cool40 wrote:
Barney wrote:Bracket racing=glorified tnt. Boring as shit.
I'd rather tnt than bracket race! We can't all be high rollers like you.  Razz 
Im retired. Helping my daughter get her feet wet. Got something waiting in the wings for when shes ready to hurt feelings. You can grudge race any night of the week if you live in a zipcode with more than seven people.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 2nd 2014, 4:24 pm

YellowStangDuane wrote:Funny $1000.00 for one pass? Where and how often???  And how much do you blow up, or break it?  Some proof would be nice.... So easy a daughter can get it done? ....Come on down, pretty sure it won't happen here, unless she runs Trophy. Funny to see both sides here, grudging it and taking home some money is nice, and so is a controlled racing environment the bracket racers provide. I just like messing with people that don't (can't) understand bracket racing. I really love the chumps that index race (bracket racing!) and say the don't like bracket racing, index is just a simple way for the tower to not put dial ins on each car! And to say it's easy is an understatement... Take the World Foot Brake Challenge for example, if you weren't low teens or .00's on the tree and dead on, you went home in most cases, very tough racing. Several of our locals were there and did great each day, I didn't go, but watched plenty of it live. It makes me laugh that bracket racers don't always start the smack talk about who is better, but the grudge guys love starting it? If you don't like it, ignore it. The more cars racing (whatever class) the cheaper and more advance our parts will be. Remember when a 302 was twice what it was to build a 350? More Fords getting raced has really helped. No one particular class has done that.
There are guys who make a living grudge racing. Theres always a sucker willing to make a donation. You piss off someone enough sooner or later you can get them to make a bad choice.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick532 August 2nd 2014, 9:52 pm

I'm with Maverick on this one . Something I learned a long time ago there is always somebody with deeper pockets , someone with a faster car . For me racing is about the thrill of the ride not how many rounds I go or how much money I win . I like watching it all grudge , index , bracket or pro it's about the excitement . Just as Maverick said it never fails when I have the car out testing somebody is always coming by trying their best to entice me into a grudge match , not going to happen no matter how much smack you lay down this fish aint biting . So however you race enjoy it have fun . Very Happy 

maverick532

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 2nd 2014, 11:13 pm

All racing is cool...... But Barney and yellerhorse are the coolest grudge racers in know..... lol! 

They be my HeRO's..... Sooooo fast and sooooo sly..... Make a bracket racer wanna cry..... After bumping them out...... And they gots to buy back in wit some of that grudge cash. cheers
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 3rd 2014, 1:07 am

Why is it grudge guys, heads up guys,  etc could care less what bracket guys think, but bracket guys ALWAYS get butt hurt when ya tell them " that shits boring"? The only interest I have in handicap racing is enjoying my daughters interest in it. But make no mistake theres already plans to put her in the other car when shes ready.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 3rd 2014, 1:17 am

Barney don't take this the wrong way please. Its good that your daughter likes the cars and being competitive. But,just remember she is still wanting to have fun like any other young person. Meaning,she will like making as many passes as she can on a given outing.So,just because ET bracket racing is not YOUR thing,don't ruin it for her if you get discouraged because she will probably like it. Just sayin. Very Happy 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 3rd 2014, 2:40 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Barney don't take this the wrong way please. Its good that your daughter likes the cars and being competitive. But,just remember she is still wanting to have fun like any other young person. Meaning,she will like making as many passes as she can on a given outing.So,just because ET bracket racing is not YOUR thing,don't ruin it for her if you get discouraged because she will probably like it. Just sayin. Very Happy 
Yep she loves it. The more seat time the better.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T August 3rd 2014, 3:20 am

we were at a grudge fest run what you got they had 2 buy backs,I didn know about it until we were loaded up.at 12:30am we were rolling out and the place was packed im sure the fans got their moneys worth.
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 August 3rd 2014, 7:44 am

dfree383 wrote:All racing is cool...... But Barney and yellerhorse are the coolest grudge racers in know..... lol! 

They be my HeRO's..... Sooooo fast and sooooo sly..... Make a bracket racer wanna cry..... After bumping them out...... And they gots to buy back in wit some of that grudge cash. cheers

SMH..... Rolling Eyes 
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior August 3rd 2014, 8:00 am

Barney wrote:Why is it grudge guys, heads up guys,  etc could care less what bracket guys think, but bracket guys ALWAYS get butt hurt when ya tell them " that shits boring"? The only interest I have in handicap racing is enjoying my daughters interest in it. But make no mistake theres already plans to put her in the other car when shes ready.

Barney...

I'm not butt hurt, because I appreciate all types of drag racing, even if they aren't my cup of tea...
And I could care less if it's boring.. I'm there to race and for the $$$

That being said.....
Everybody knows when that pic was posted, it was going to get a reaction, both good and bad...
And Dave's post... trying to stir the pot even more...
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 August 3rd 2014, 8:12 am

QtrWarrior wrote:
And Dave's post...  trying to stir the pot even more...

Only because he must of been drunk when he typed it. Unless all that sand has interfered with his ability to structure a sentence correctly....
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 3rd 2014, 9:39 am

The pot needs stirred up before it dries out completely..........been a snoozeville here as of late.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 3rd 2014, 10:24 am

richter69 wrote:The pot needs stirred up before it dries out completely..........been a snoozeville here as of late.
you know it you Okie Diesel Dyke..... ODD for short. drunken 
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 3rd 2014, 10:25 am

yellowhorse7 wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:

Only because he must of been drunk when he typed it. Unless all that sand has interfered with his ability to structure a sentence correctly....

Ohhhhh now it's about proper sentence structure and grammar...... Don't be hatin' on the bracket crowd....

We here just sitting at the Northwest nationals yesterday, and I mentioned how bad SS/SG/SC is and how Boring it is to watch...... But for some reasons the classes have all the cars at these events..... Now mind you the car counts the year are pathetic at best...... I'll bet it 50% of the last nationals I attended here in about 2009 or so...... The whole sport is dying and IMO it's because of all the corporate bs by the sanctioning bodies and the fact that no auto manufacture is turning out any inexpensive appealing cars for kids to hot rod. And we won't get into the young kids today in this discussion......

Last edited by dfree383 on August 3rd 2014, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 3rd 2014, 10:41 am

For the Bracket Racers - Page 3 8F12BC2B-5923-41D0-BC07-E6FBE9A2721E
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 August 3rd 2014, 11:04 am

yellowhorse7 wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:

you got what you wanted yet? You posted that just to see who got pissed about it so now what?  clown 
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  YellowStangDuane August 3rd 2014, 12:09 pm

I hope y'all know I'm not butt hurt, I'm having fun stirring the pot too. I just happen to work at one of the hottest "Grudge" tracks in Texas. So I see plenty of money change hands. I wanted proof of our members that said they won't even hit the starter button for less than $1000.00! As far as grudge goes, I love being in the lanes and having those guys ask to race, I also have juice on the car. I'm no stranger to street racing or grudge, I just haven't kept up with the times and have a wicked fast car. I was a mechanic for more than 20 years, and don't really like working on the race car anymore. It has to be able to "live" several years, get double teched by me and my daughter, and go a few thousand passes. For me, it's about making passes down the track, TnT, Bracket, Grudge... I may not be fast, but for some reason, the fans love me.
YellowStangDuane
YellowStangDuane

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger August 3rd 2014, 12:16 pm

Bj and Ron will tell anybody that the tnt is what keeps the gates open. ALL the class racers always have something to bitch about.

Personally don't care bracket or head up fast is fast and fun to watch except the occasional ass hole bracket racer that has a 700+ci motor running tens.

Oh and box classes, that shit is gay as hell.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  99zx9r August 3rd 2014, 12:27 pm

No matter what forum, these threads always follow the exact same script. Heads up/grudge racer calls out bracket racers saying what they do is boring, easy and cars are slow. Bracket racers defend themselves saying it takes a lot of skill to cut a light and run the number and that tracks rely on them to stay open. Heads up/grudge racers can't argue with the facts, so they laugh about the bracket racers being butthurt. Thread dies.

Personally I love bracket racing but like to go fast as well. My two bracket cars aren't slow (my just finished T Bird went 8.6s in the 1/4...5.45 in the 8th 1.18 60' in shakedown passes). As funds increase, they will likely go towards making the cars faster. But no matter how much money I have to spend on my racing program I will still run full tree, dial-in classes running the full 1/4 mile.
99zx9r
99zx9r

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 3rd 2014, 12:36 pm

Yep plugging a few #s into a weather station and writing it on your window is muy difficult. Cutting a light on a sportsman tree... really???? And running the number with 200hp and a 15 inch wide tire in a chassis car ....please. mid to high 8s nowadays in a grudge or heads up world will get you an empty wallet.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 August 3rd 2014, 12:40 pm

I got what I wanted? Nope......

Was never looking for anything but to stir the pot. That's what I do.

Bottom line....I think most elder racers defend bracket racing because it's what they know. No problem. Most younger guys started with some sort of heads up stuff. Do what you like. I prolly won't class race much anymore because I can't afford to compete at a top level and I refuse to be a class filler.

Wait until I start the pipe rack thread lol
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 August 3rd 2014, 12:51 pm

For the Bracket Racers - Page 3 Image11}
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  99zx9r August 3rd 2014, 12:52 pm

Barney wrote:Yep plugging a few #s into a weather station and writing it on your window is muy difficult. Cutting a light on a sportsman tree... really???? And running the number with 200hp and a 15 inch wide tire in a chassis car ....please. mid to high 8s nowadays in a grudge or heads up world will get you an empty wallet.

My local track has three $25K and two $10K bracket races this week, all guaranteed purses. Definitely worth the trip for some "easy" money.
99zx9r
99zx9r

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior August 3rd 2014, 12:59 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:

Wait until I start the pipe rack thread lol

Anytime you're ready Gus ! Cool 
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down