BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Bracket Racers

+29
HorsinAround
D. Sea
valleydawg
kim
5pointslow
NOS42
70FB
Lem Evans
rmcomprandy
99zx9r
bigblok2000ranger
Larry T
maverick532
Curt
Dave C.
gmsmkr
cool40
bbf-falcon
richter69
YellowStangDuane
Barney
Dark Horse of Apocalypse
dfree383
bruno
dr's wife racing
maverick
KY JELLY
QtrWarrior
yellowhorse7
33 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

For the Bracket Racers - Page 4 Empty Re: For the Bracket Racers

Post  YellowStangDuane August 3rd 2014, 1:28 pm

Barney wrote:Yep plugging a few #s into a weather station and writing it on your window is muy difficult. Cutting a light on a sportsman tree... really???? And running the number with 200hp and a 15 inch wide tire in a chassis car ....please. mid to high 8s nowadays in a grudge or heads up world will get you an empty wallet.

So I take it your car can run 7's in the 1/4? I don't know anyone running 200hp around here, except for the 5 people in street, they most likely have more, since they are big trucks. Barney, you seem to be biting back pretty hard here, most admit they like all racing,and tracks need all types, but you keep digging deeper. What's your "claim to fame?"
YellowStangDuane
YellowStangDuane

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY August 3rd 2014, 1:32 pm

We had some class racers at our track last night, got to 3rd round of eliminations and they need 2 rounds of bracket between their rounds . Not sure if their little tires were hot or what . We got home late because of them and they were like slower than my bracket car lol wait i think there was one faster about 700 inch with some assistance .
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 3rd 2014, 2:05 pm

Yep been 7s. Just lucky I guess.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 3rd 2014, 2:14 pm

I dont know about "keep diggin" . Heres how I see it. There are people who like to build model sailboats, but youll never hear me say how awesome it is. It is my opinion that bracket racing isnt very entertaining.  That isnt going to change.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 August 3rd 2014, 2:21 pm

YellowStangDuane wrote:
Barney wrote:Yep plugging a few #s into a weather station and writing it on your window is muy difficult. Cutting a light on a sportsman tree... really???? And running the number with 200hp and a 15 inch wide tire in a chassis car ....please. mid to high 8s nowadays in a grudge or heads up world will get you an empty wallet.

So I take it your car can run 7's in the 1/4? I don't know anyone running 200hp around here, except for the 5 people in street, they most likely have more, since they are big trucks. Barney, you seem to be biting back pretty hard here, most admit they like all racing,and tracks need all types, but you keep digging deeper. What's your "claim to fame?"

I'll answer for the 2 of us

Won and lost plenty of RSD's up at Union Grove

Won and Lost plenty @ Cordova Midnight Madness

Won and Lost plenty @ at Milan

Mid Ohio, Bowling Green, RT 66, NMRA factory Stock, SGMP, HRP, I could go on......

Certainly not "famous" but we do race
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 3rd 2014, 2:22 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:

Wait until I start the pipe rack thread lol

Anytime you're ready Gus ! Cool 

X2 bring it sunshine.......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 3rd 2014, 2:48 pm

KY JELLY wrote:We had some class racers at our track last night, got to 3rd round of eliminations and they need 2 rounds of bracket between their rounds . Not sure if their little tires were hot or what . We got home late because of them and they were like slower than my bracket car lol wait i think there was one faster about 700 inch with some assistance .

Of course they are slower ... they have rules, (other than safety issues).

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  YellowStangDuane August 3rd 2014, 2:49 pm

Barney wrote:Yep been 7s. Just lucky I guess.

In the car in your avatar? That's haulin.
YellowStangDuane
YellowStangDuane

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 3rd 2014, 2:52 pm

I can't play golf worth shit, so I stay off the golf course and make fun of the game. Razz 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 3rd 2014, 2:55 pm

^^^^^ this guy. Wink
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY August 3rd 2014, 3:29 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
KY JELLY wrote:We had some class racers at our track last night, got to 3rd round of eliminations and they need 2 rounds of bracket between their rounds . Not sure if their little tires were hot or what . We got home late because of them and they were like slower than my bracket car lol wait i think there was one faster about 700 inch with some assistance .

They got rules that says pull in the stage lanes and jack around all night , do a big burnout purge their spray 25 times then stage 5 minutes later. Most cases 2-3 of these racers i have seen have their stuff lined out . We got a dixie race called one night because one of those no wheelie bar class done wheelie busted oil pan a oiled the entire track . I guess thats all part of the drama to this type of racing it is what it is i guess.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior August 3rd 2014, 4:56 pm

dfree383 wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:

Anytime you're ready Gus ! Cool 

X2 bring it sunshine.......

Freelander...

You need to get up to speed before you talk smack...Just saying... Laughing 
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 3rd 2014, 5:06 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:

Looks like J.Y. could add head lights and mufflers and be legal in this class IF his wheelbase isn't jacked up.

2014 OSCA Pro Street Rules

* Must have Mufflers (Not Required on Turbo Applications)
* Must have Working Headlights and Taillights
* Lexan Allowed (Windows do not have to Function)
* After Market Bolt on Front Clip Allowed
* Tube Chassis Limited to Stock Wheelbase +/- 1”
* Tube Chassis Required to Carry 50% of Weight on Front Tires
* Clutch Type Trans Permitted on N/A Only
* Alcohol Permitted
* Billet Heads Prohibited
* Hemi Heads Prohibited on Big Block Bore Spacing 5'' and Larger
* Deduct 75 lbs for use of 1 Carburetor

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 August 3rd 2014, 5:14 pm

YellowStangDuane wrote:
Barney wrote:Yep been 7s. Just lucky I guess.

In the car in your avatar? That's haulin.

Yes, in that car. Rather easy too. Nicely built back half 4 link car.
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB August 3rd 2014, 6:35 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Looks like J.Y. could add head lights and mufflers and be legal in this class IF his wheelbase isn't jacked up.

2014 OSCA Pro Street Rules

* Must have Mufflers (Not Required on Turbo Applications)
* Must have Working Headlights and Taillights
* Lexan Allowed (Windows do not have to Function)
* After Market Bolt on Front Clip Allowed
* Tube Chassis Limited to Stock Wheelbase +/- 1”
* Tube Chassis Required to Carry 50% of Weight on Front Tires
* Clutch Type Trans Permitted on N/A Only
* Alcohol Permitted
* Billet Heads Prohibited
* Hemi Heads Prohibited on Big Block Bore Spacing 5'' and Larger
* Deduct 75 lbs for use of 1 Carburetor
Thats about a 4.30-50 class around here in the grudge world.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 3rd 2014, 6:58 pm

Thats gettin it done.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 August 3rd 2014, 8:08 pm

hamburgers at bracket races and heads up races are about the same flavor wise..just sayin'
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T August 4th 2014, 12:42 am

richter69 wrote:For the Bracket Racers - Page 4 8F12BC2B-5923-41D0-BC07-E6FBE9A2721E

for those of you paying attention this says a lot! admittedly I have done my share of bracket racing back several years ago.the last race I lost by .0003 is permanently burned in my brain and yea I am still butt hurt.mostly because of the asshole that beat me not being a good winner,he just had to make a C**k sucker comment........I will not go back to doing that again or golf not that I was that bad at golf I just got board of it Wink 
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow August 4th 2014, 7:55 am

if not for bracket racing i wouldnt be able to drag race , i currently putting together a car for footbrake class . is it boring to watch sure but its what i can afford . id love to do heads up class but between owning a house and everything else life throws its most practical .

i support both and most of all i support DRAG RACING ...... Cool 
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 4th 2014, 10:08 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:I got what I wanted? Nope......

Was never looking for anything but to stir the pot. That's what I do.

Bottom line....I think most elder racers defend bracket racing because it's what they know. No problem. Most younger guys started with some sort of heads up stuff. Do what you like. I prolly won't class race much anymore because I can't afford to compete at a top level and I refuse to be a class filler.

Tony, ya need to go back further in time to get to the "elder" racers where I fit in. Laughing  When I started drag racing 46 years ago (yes, 1968), heads up racing was all we had. I'm no stranger to it, and I love it...but now I can't afford it, like most of us. It's not something that was invented by you young guns.

That said, I recently went through a period of several years where everybody else's cars came in and out of my shop and were kept running while my stuff sat in a corner waiting to be finished. If I could make it to a Bash, I did it without a car for that reason. Yes, I put together a few grudge cars and resurrected a couple of their wrecks, too. But no matter what type of drag racing they did, if I had the time, they had my shop, my tools and my services free of charge. I love drag racing that much and I get just as big a kick out of watching my work go down the track as I do from racing myself. I don't hate grudge racing. But I also don't believe that I need to question a man's pedigree, ridicule his choice of racecars, insult his mother and sister or imply that his sexual preference is pertinent to his on-track performance. I know, I know...not all grudge racers are like that, certainly not the ones who bring their stuff into my garage, but those are the ones...the ones with the big mouths and no racecar of their own...who clog the staging lanes and the waterbox, making sure that everbody on the property will suffer through their noise and bullshit before another pair of cars can roll into the beams. I actually think that the grudge concept is good for the sport...it's not all that different from the match racing days of old. The bullshit, however, does nothing to advance the cause.

Now that my car is finished (sans paint job), it comes out of the garage OFTEN and it makes more laps in organized racing than most of the cars on this board. That fact may only be known to very few members of this forum, since I don't start a new thread every time I win a round. I only run a tnt pass if I have just completed a major repair on the car. Otherwise, when the car goes to the track, it is entered in the race...Yep, it's usually a bracket race with about 50 or 60 cars in each class. Competitive?...Yeah. Easy to win?...No sir. Our third qualifying round is called the "run for the money" where each racer dials his car in an attempt to win the pot (usually an extra $500 or $600 up for grabs before eliminations start). The best total package on that 3rd pass takes the money. In the last few weeks, I have posted two .008 packages and a .005 package. Both of my .008's were beat by two cars each time. The .005 didn't get paid either. It lost to a .001. Apparently, this is so easy, anybody can win.

So anyway, at our track, Saturdays are reserved for organized races. Sundays are TNT and grudge days...which is as it should be because the two do not mix.

Sorry to stick my spoon in the pot. I'm done.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  kim August 4th 2014, 11:01 pm

Is all good... do what you can do..

Last edited by kim on August 4th 2014, 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 4th 2014, 11:07 pm

Maverick,you said a mouthful there brother,and I fully agree. I like all Drag racing and some of the others also. Just because we're NOT good at something,we don't need to put it down. I like watching the headsup guys WHEN they can make a full pass. Most of them will kindly admit that they could'nt win a round in the brackets if their daddy and mommy threatened to cut the bottoms out of their deep pockets,the others just want to whine. Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 August 5th 2014, 7:39 am

maverick wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:I got what I wanted? Nope......

Was never looking for anything but to stir the pot. That's what I do.

Bottom line....I think most elder racers defend bracket racing because it's what they know. No problem. Most younger guys started with some sort of heads up stuff. Do what you like. I prolly won't class race much anymore because I can't afford to compete at a top level and I refuse to be a class filler.

Tony, ya need to go back further in time to get to the "elder" racers where I fit in. Laughing   When I started drag racing 46 years ago (yes, 1968), heads up racing was all we had.  I'm no stranger to it, and I love it...but now I can't afford it, like most of us.  It's not something that was invented by you young guns.

That said, I recently went through a period of several years where everybody else's cars came in and out of my shop and were kept running while my stuff sat in a corner waiting to be finished.  If I could make it to a Bash, I did it without a car for that reason. Yes, I put together a few grudge cars and resurrected a couple of their wrecks, too.  But no matter what type of drag racing they did, if I had the time, they had my shop, my tools and my services free of charge.  I love drag racing that much and I get just as big a kick out of watching my work go down the track as I do from racing myself.  I don't hate grudge racing.  But I also don't believe that I need to question a man's pedigree, ridicule his choice of racecars, insult his mother and sister or imply that his sexual preference is pertinent to his on-track performance.    I know, I know...not all grudge racers are like that, certainly not the ones who bring their stuff into my garage, but those are the ones...the ones with the big mouths and no racecar of their own...who clog the staging lanes and the waterbox, making sure that everbody on the property will suffer through their noise and bullshit before another pair of cars can roll into the beams.  I actually think that the grudge concept is good for the sport...it's not all that different from the match racing days of old.  The bullshit, however, does nothing to advance the cause.

Now that my car is finished (sans paint job), it comes out of the garage OFTEN and it makes more laps in organized racing than most of the cars on this board.  That fact may only be known to very few members of this forum, since I don't start a new thread every time I win a round.  I only run a tnt pass if I have just completed a major repair on the car.  Otherwise, when the car goes to the track, it is entered in the race...Yep, it's usually a bracket race with about 50 or 60 cars in each class.  Competitive?...Yeah.  Easy to win?...No sir.     Our third qualifying round is called the "run for the money" where each racer dials his car in an attempt to win the pot (usually an extra $500 or $600 up for grabs before eliminations start).  The best total package on that 3rd pass takes the money.  In the last few weeks, I have posted two .008 packages and a .005 package.  Both of my .008's were beat by two cars each time. The .005 didn't get paid either. It lost to a .001.   Apparently, this is so easy, anybody can win.

So anyway, at our track, Saturdays are reserved for organized races.  Sundays are TNT and grudge days...which is as it should be because the two do not mix.

Sorry to stick my spoon in the pot.  I'm done.

Sounds good. I agree with you actually. And no need to apologize.

bbf-falcon wrote:Maverick,you said a mouthful there brother,and I fully agree. I like all Drag racing and some of the others also. Just because we're NOT good at something,we don't need to put it down. I like watching the headsup guys WHEN they can make a full pass. Most of them will kindly admit that they could'nt win a round in the brackets if their daddy and mommy threatened to cut the bottoms out of their deep pockets,the others just want to whine. Rolling Eyes

I'm an OK bracket racer, the car is better than me for sure. I'm not insulting it; I just think it's silly. Just like the NHRA Flopper guys think pipe racks are silly. And just like Pro Stock Drivers think that they can shoe a fuel car w/o issue. Again, do what you like. I just see no point in spending big coin only to limit it.

Regarding making a full pass....I feel the same way EVERY TIME an Altered, A/F, T/F, F/C, etc pull through the puddle. The small tire guys are ALWAYS on edge with their tune-ups. Like it or not it takes some thought to get one down a shitty track and still run the #. Some are just better than others  Wink
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr August 5th 2014, 9:08 am

It's all about having fun , it just takes us small tire guys a little longer to set up for the crap tracks and dial in to be honest I have never owned a big tire car so I wouldn't know what I'm missing.
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 5th 2014, 11:46 am

Big tires dont fix everything.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content