BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New truck time 6.0 left me stranded again today warraynty runs out Dec what to buy

+19
56Tbird
whitefield
IDT-572
cool40
61coon
Tennessee Bullitt
D's557BBF
pipedobber
jbozzelle
powerstrokeace
dfree383
yellowhorse7
blown86hallet
bruno
richter69
jesse
John Myrick
schmitty
studly
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

New truck time 6.0 left me stranded again today warraynty runs out Dec  what to buy - Page 4 Empty Re: New truck time 6.0 left me stranded again today warraynty runs out Dec what to buy

Post  richter69 December 11th 2011, 11:44 am

Head studs are a waste IMO, In fact the sets I have put on I felt were a cheaper set up compared to properly installed bolts. The egr cooler delete is a must do, the oil cooler heat exchanger is usually the cause of it failing though.............of all the ones I have fixed I can say they have never refailed............the oil coolers get restriced from rust etc in the cooling system, restrict coolant flow to the egr cooler and it fails. Thats a neat ext cooler you got but man thats a lot of coin to spend lol. If it was me I would have just replaced the oil cooler and spent the money on the 3 injectors you have that are acting up. I have replaced and ass load of 6.0 injs since the weather got cold for run rough concerns cold. The STC fitting kit w the 2 dummy plugs are in the 125 dollar range for all 3.

Ford did address all the 6.0 and 6.4 issues...........its called a 6.7 lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

New truck time 6.0 left me stranded again today warraynty runs out Dec  what to buy - Page 4 Empty Re: New truck time 6.0 left me stranded again today warraynty runs out Dec what to buy

Post  studly December 11th 2011, 5:23 pm

I was reading on one board where Ford was bringing back out he 7.3 liter after next year. Any Truth to this???
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 11th 2011, 6:21 pm

uh hell no lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno December 11th 2011, 7:52 pm

in 2013 it gonna have 1300 ft lbs Twisted Evil Very Happy

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  studly December 13th 2011, 2:02 am

well got- truck running tonight after about 10 -15 min cranking, i think i have about 16 hours in total, replaced all the fuel filters and put new antifreez in it took it for about 2 hour drive. everything seems to be working great, no hesitation or no start when i cut it off. Going to drive it to work in the Am supposed to get to 24 degrees tonight so i will see if it starts in the morning hopefully it will. hopefully this thing will really be a bullet proof 6.0 now.
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4